Choose Another Holiday

relliker

Since Santa has shattered our Christmas dreams, why don't we choose another holiday by when we might have our Pandies shipped/delivered? ;)

For example, there's:

1st January - Independence Day: Cameroon, Haiti, Palau, Sudan, Western Samoa.
6th January - Army Day: Iraq.
9th January - Martyr's Day: Panama.
12th January - Revolution Day: Tanzania.
13th January - Liberation Day: Togo.
15th January - Coming-of-Age Day: Japan.
20th January - Award Day: Mali.
22nd January - Discovery Day: Saint Vincent.

I'd choose 15th and rename it "Coming-of-the-Pandora" day: Country of OP.

If nothing else (for now), Open Pandora's opened a lot of dialogue between several nations, way better than most politicians will ever do :D

Oooooh!!! Just remembered this.....

http://www.wintereenmas.com/ A game-geek's own hol. Quite fitting I think :)

When it comes out we'll make our own holiday. It will be called Unboxing Day.

darien said:
I say christmas is still possible (just in 2010 or a later year).

No matter what craig says, the new cases are still prototypes for sane definition. The case company always took 10times the amount of time predicted and more, yet we don't know how many prototypes are still needed to get it right. Burn-in tests have only been done with final-boards without the joypads soldered on, who knows the failure rate of that process yet? There are still tons of problems that can occur and everyone involved in the pandora's development the last year(s) knows that from his heart, even when he tries to be optimistic.
Seems like a big amount of the money I lay back for buying a ps3 and a good TV in march has to be spend on my car soon, I'll hopefully be sane enough to cancel my order if the pandora isn't here by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
conso said:
darien said:
I say christmas is still possible (just in 2010 or a later year).

No matter what craig says, the new cases are still prototypes for sane definition. The case company always took 10times the amount of time predicted and more, yet we don't know how many prototypes are still needed to get it right. Burn-in tests have only been done with final-boards without the joypads soldered on, who knows the failure rate of that process yet? There are still tons of problems that can occur and everyone involved in the pandora's development the last year(s) knows that from his heart, even when he tries to be optimistic.

I've set myself so many deadlines already, I even gave up on that, seems like I'm addicted to frustration or something like that.

c'mon conso, we're just trying to have a bit of fun here. Brighten up m'lad, your Pandora's going to be with you by _______________ (insert holiday name/date here) :)

Edit: I'll leave you a bit to it... It bedtime for this old puppy.

darien said:
Thats what I thought of saying when I clicked on this thread. We could make it an official holiday on these boards, every year on the day that the Pandora shipped this forum could be decorated somehow.

relliker said:
c'mon conso, we're just trying to have a bit of fun here. Brighten up m'lad, your Pandora's going to be with you by Ragnarok (insert holiday name/date here) :)

Edit: I'll leave you a bit to it... It bedtime for this old puppy.

The vikings still celebrate ragnarok, don't they?

January 26th, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
14356_512x288_manicured__u5rJK7iRUEi0A8vHabKbTA.jpg

It's a bit far but, the May 25th is a good day. Geek Pride Day, Star Wars Day, Towel Day, and the anniversary of The Glorious Revolution of the Twenty-Fifth of May.

π day is also acceptable (March 14).

Back