Chess2x V0.1 Released

What do you mean exactly?

well, let´s say white has taken three black pawns, black has taken 2 white pawns. The display should be one black pawn.
The logic is just to substract the taken pieces and display the difference, like in this screen below the annotations.
Ghanji

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you see the take back working? Is a button (A,X,Y or click) ok, or this too easy to do by accident and a menu option be better?

If you did do it by accident, would it matter?

Parkydr posted on Dec 1 2006 at 06:04 PM said:
How did you see the take back working? Is a button (A,X,Y or click) ok, or this too easy to do by accident and a menu option be better?

If you ask me, I´d prefer a menu option,
if this is too much work a button action would be ok as well :)
Ghanji

Ghanji posted on Dec 1 2006 at 08:37 PM said:
Parkydr posted on Dec 1 2006 at 06:04 PM said:

If you ask me, I´d prefer a menu option,
if this is too much work a button action would be ok as well :)
Ghanji

A menu option's no problem (thanks to my trusty Menu class :))

i know this sounds stupid and very cheeky, but would it be possible to edit the chess piece images, i found a site were they have a lord of the rings chess set, worth an arm\leg and they showed a nice close up pic of every piece (( which i copied )) lol, and would love to put into this game .... :blink: i would add some pictures , but it says enter the url ?

You could make a skin yourself, Ghanji's done it .

The images are held in directories under Chess2X/chess2xdata/skins/, one for each skin. If you add another directory, this will come up in the skin selector.

Just copy one of the directories to e.g. Chess2X/chess2xdata/skins/lotr and edit the images. The are just bmp files. Note - the colour of the pixel at the top left corner is used for transparency.

The only problem is that the images are only 30x30 pixels so you can't get lots of detail, but it's worth a try.

Back