Cheap Gps Reciever

thelamer

ARRR I'm A Pirate
Website
www.skankpost.com
LINKED

EDEALINFO %10 off. Brings it down to $35 + shipping($6)

People claimed that their is an included linux driver LINKED
just received the one I ordered, got it working under XP and Linux. The filename on the driver CD says something about PL-2303, a usb-to-serial chip made by Prolific. There's a Linux driver for this and it works fine -- plugged it in and it shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0 (uses the module pl2303.ko). Google turned up a few PL 2303 drivers for Mac OS X, but I haven't tried any yet ..

With working usb hubs for the gp2x out their do any devs think this miught be possible in the near future ??

Edit: I bought one for my laptop anyway , but have my fingers crossed for gp2x compatibility .

theoddbot posted on Mar 30 2006 at 12:26 AM said:
Yeah they should work fine. wtf are you going to do with it though?
gps games! or gps drawing; you walk a circle, it draws one :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, so you probably need more drivers. I wasn't looking too hard, just found a name and googled it.

This could deffinetely spawn some new game ideas if used correctly. I mean really just think about what you could do with it!!! You could for example have an RPG where you are required to actually walk around and find stuff. Or maybe a program where you use it just as an application and can plot waypoints of places or something cool like that. It really could expand on the way you play games.

Am I the only one, that thought about GPS navigation? We could port some map application. As long as We have maps...If they would be in PNG/JPG there wouldn't be much trouble in writing such an app....that would be usefull.

kardasan posted on Mar 31 2006 at 07:04 AM said:
Am I the only one, that thought about GPS navigation? We could port some map application. As long as We have maps...If they would be in PNG/JPG there wouldn't be much trouble in writing such an app....that would be usefull.
Not much trouble, you mean Huge Trouble!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back