GP32 Chatboard Applications

Chatboard stuff I'm working on -

Edgepad (basic notepad app)
BobTron (3 player version :) should be ready very soon)
YAFL (chatboard support just hacked in as a test at the moment so it's not fit for public release, but the next version will definatly include support for navigating and shortcut launching)

woogal posted on May 27 2004 at 04:15 PM said:
Chatboard stuff I'm working on -

Edgepad (basic notepad app)
BobTron (3 player version :) should be ready very soon)
YAFL (chatboard support just hacked in as a test at the moment so it's not fit for public release, but the next version will definatly include support for navigating and shortcut launching)
you havent added yet support for chatboard , have u ?
i tryed edgewrite test
but nothing

can you release the source code too ?
[ i am saying this to the other devlopers too]
so other people can help /learn ?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
will edgewrite have loading/saving multiple files? :)

as that's all I need to know before I get a chatboard... (I currently use an old handheld PC, but would be happy to sell it if chatboards work out :) )

To the best of my knowledge:

Atari 800 v0.5 (emu)
Castaway (emu)
Kronos (game)
Speccyal'K v0.6+ (emu) (under dev)
Mirko SDK (sdk)
Bobtron (game)
edgepad (utility)
GP32 Linux

There are other developers that have purchased chatboard with the developer discount, but they don't want it known yet that their software will support it so lots more to come.

GP32 Chatboards and MORE

from http://www.gp32spain.com/
Karthur ha anunciado en los foros que lleva tiempo trabajando para lanzar el Windups 2.0 junto con la salida de la GP32 en Europa.
No ha soltado prenda sobre las novedades que incorporará, pero tras ver que el lanzamiento se ha retrasado 15 días, va a aprovechar para implementar también el chatboard!

so windups 2.0 will be ready for the gp32 european start
and will support chatboard

so cool :)
cant wait

I successfullly got the chatboard to work on Castaway, but nothing else would run it. Maybe I did something wrong. I also could not find Kronos. I wonder if SCIagi will ever support the board :)

Well, I ordered one, and although not with a developer discount, I might write something over the summer with chatboard support. Depends if i can properly uninstall/reinstall gcc after the mysterious bad installation which refuses to die.

I asked Mike Dawson (who ported Frodo) about this recently and he says support is now in, but not working correctly yet. Once he gets a chatboard of his own and the bugs are ironed out it will be released. :)

if you cant wait for windsup 2 or the new gp32linux
and want a texteditor for your chatboard
use castaway !!!
yep , it works , i justed tried

you just have to look for a freeware texteditor for atari st

nigelibrown posted on May 28 2004 at 07:01 AM said:
There are other developers that have purchased chatboard with the developer discount, but they don't want it known yet that their software will support it so lots more to come.
Developer discount? I didn't see that anywhere... Might be an idea to mention it more prominently on your site. Then more developers will add support hopefully.

Nigel: Any chance of offering the 32MB upgrade?

Thanks,

Mark

The developer discount is at the moment limited to anyone who has written or is prepared to write support for the chatboard in their application.

The idea being to encourage people to support the chatboard and make it more appealing to a wider audience.

As for 32Mb upgrades we have and are looking into this but feel there is a very limited market at this time. There is no support in software for it (as far as i'm aware) would this realy be wanted in numbers?

My Webpage

nigelibrown posted on May 30 2004 at 09:27 AM said:
The developer discount is at the moment limited to anyone who has written or is prepared to write support for the chatboard in their application.

The idea being to encourage people to support the chatboard and make it more appealing to a wider audience.

As for 32Mb upgrades we have and are looking into this but feel there is a very limited market at this time. There is no support in software for it (as far as i'm aware) would this realy be wanted in numbers?

My Webpage
I agree with the developer discount. I'm just saying that it isn't very visible to potential developers. For example I wasn't aware when I bought one to add support to the Atari800 port.

I don't know _any_ software that requires the 32MB upgrade yet either. I don't think that it will be wanted in numbers until some killer app is written. Chicken/egg... I just want someone to offer the service so I can upgrade mine. I already killed one GP32 trying. I plan to try again after practicing!

Thanks,

Mark

Edit: I see you do mention the discount on your site now... Sorry!

well, how long is the cord on your chatboard?
and also, if you want the 32 ram to go big, offer the same deal
devrs get it cheaper and then they make a app that uses it and then many will want it
same with chatboard

and how much is the xhatboards there in American dollars?

~Octavious

The full price for a Chatboard at todays exchange rate is around 35 USD, and the length of cable attached is 12 inches.

If you wanted one longer this could probably be arranged and if you need it shorter we have found a simple loose knot in the cable has a great temporary effect.

For a developer discount you will need to email me and state why you think you should recieve the discount ie: what application have you written or intend to write that support chatboard? Or other reason.

Toyz 4 Boyz

foft posted on May 30 2004 at 07:03 PM said:
I don't know _any_ software that requires the 32MB upgrade yet either. I don't think that it will be wanted in numbers until some killer app is written. Chicken/egg... I
There's at least my MMULib (with libc patches) which is 32/64M aware and can take advantage of extra memory in a transparent way. <_<

Back