Changing Battery Contacts

wiggythebrave

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I was wondering of it would be possible to change the battery contacts on my GP2x to the type that have the springs on the negative. I keep having to adjust the current ones as batteries keep working loose.

Also, does anyone know if it would be any easy swop to do?

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, I had this same problem! What's going on is, you go to take the battery out, and you pull up on the battery from one end, and then the battery bends the the contact, making it loose when you put the new battery back in.

I propose that one make a strap that is glued in there in the center, that you can pull up to get the batteries out.

Are you speaking of adding springs like this:

gp2x.jpg

For this, I have founded it to being easiest. All I have been done for this, is using this glue:

6371058.JPG

And removing the springs from a gbc that I borrwered from someone.

All I did was take springs out of gbc, add to gp2x, and glue with elmers glue. It has now been working.

Also, where do I find the replace ments of the L Button on this system?

Allow me to let you all in on a little secret about batteries. Dont pull them out, open your hand out flat and then bang the battery compartment on your hand hard but not to hard. This will jar them, then pull the batteries the rest of the way out. And when you put them in lay the flush with the connectors and push them down in one fluid motion. Im not trying to be a jackass but as a kid I broke alot of Gameboys and Gamegears doing it the other way. (Not broke but my mom and dad where kind of simple people...)

Lupin posted on Sep 23 2006 at 04:17 AM said:
Allow me to let you all in on a little secret about batteries. Dont pull them out, open your hand out flat and then bang the battery compartment on your hand hard but not to hard.

That's how you break hardware. DON'T DO THIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
umm no unless you slam it into you hand like an idiot its fine. But if you dont feel safe with it attaching a strap would be just as easy. Just get a thin piece of material and glue it right above the compartment and put the batteries on top of it.

Lupin posted on Sep 23 2006 at 04:27 AM said:
if a capacitor falls out from the equilvant to a smack... .... ... ... ... ... ... .. ...... . ...

....... there are also the implications of the LCD messing up. Ever touched an LCD screen and see the pretty little colors that appear? Want that permenently?

Really, just stop right now before I start flaming *this is your warning*

私は何も仮定しなかった。 私は実際に余りにアメリカであり、それの自慢していない。 私だけできたらの日本で生まれる。 推測それはこうすればであることができなかった。 そしてとても馬鹿である。

I would write something to you in Kana but I dont have a keyboard for either... oh, and that is Kanji

I can't really assume anything about it, when I live in america I have no pride.

Wait you're just putting japanese through some translator, or this is old old (or wannabe old) text...

Stop trying to make me look dumb, if I had the energy and time I would translate it. I seriously doubt you actually typed that out yourself... じじ

i said I didnt I ran it through a translation app, I could write in Kana if I had a keyboard or wanted to go find a virtual keyboard app for it. But I dont and Im not going to. And if you translated that first line yourself (wich I doubt) you need to learn localization.

I didnt really assume anything, I am also an american though I wish I wasnt.

In any case, just look here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30545

Lupin posted on Sep 23 2006 at 05:14 AM said:
And if you translated that first line yourself (wich I doubt) you need to learn localization.

I only know standard Japanese, I wouldn't know anything else really because I'm about intermediate. It just looks really funny and jumbled like a translated file would.

In any case, you have to be lying, or just don't know much about typing in Japanese, because I have programs that are free that allow me to type in only kana, which is what I used to type the posts in that link...

Back