Castaway for Dummies.....

speyek

Still Fresh
Website
www.manipulate.net
hi!

i need a step by step tutorial on how to get Castaway/GP running on my GP32.

i followed the info from Codejedi and ran into problems.

when i run the program it starts up just fine.
when i try to load a game(Rainbow Island) it just crashes and re-boots the GP to the GP startup screen.

i don't think i am using it correctly due to the fact that i have NEVER used an ST.
(so please keep that in mind)

i also don't think i could find a good TOS file for this thing so that would be nice too.

i just want to play games some of those nifty games.

thank you for any help!

Check Joe's ftp archive (see earlier posts) for some decent TOS images - you want either 1.02 or 1.04 official ones (I remember having problems with the ones like Kaostos and such, although that was with v4).

Step by step, eh?

1) Unzip the Castaway archive to some temporary folder on your PC... Transfer the lot of the stuff in there (including folders) to gp:\\gpmm\

2) Find your TOS image and copy it to the "gp:\\gpmm\atarist" folder - it ought to have been copied when you did the castaway archive.

3) Put your games in gp:\\gpmm\atarist

4) Run using your favourite launcher - press "A" on a game to load the disk into drive A, "B" to load the disk into drive B. Then press start.

5) If it crashes now, chances are its a battery problem or an unsupported game. Also check the TOS by not choosing any disks when you first load castaway (i.e. just press start).

6) To fiddle with any options and such, press start mid-game

There's prolly more than that, but for any extra detail, I'd suggest reading Skeezix's excellent manual :) ; This should get it going at least.

Oh - and make sure you've got 2 images in the gp:\\gpmm\atarist\ folder; if you copied everything from the zip file you will have though.

Back