Case For Caanoo

dani31

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I seek a case everywhere, for caanoo, I find anything !

Do you have a precise case to advise me ?

Thanks,
Daniel

I ordered a soft Nintendo DS Lite case from dealextreme, if you want a case like this, it's excellent
and you may look for DS Lite cases, the size of the Caanoo seems to be very similar

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2377

Thank you glezmen, but the ds lite is smaller than the caanoo, no ?

I want a hard case and fully close.

dani31 said:
Thank you glezmen, but the ds is smaller than the caanoo, no ?

the Caanoo fits perfectly in the case (which is very large for the WIZ)

i didn't try any hard cases :(

if you want to be sure, check the dimensions of the DS Lite, and compare it with your Caanoo

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a Caanoo yesterday, and just got back from looking for a soft case.
The DS seems to be very close in size, so I got one of those.

You'll need to open one up to make sure it'll fit in there ok, but your chances are good that it will.

Thanks alyinsanfran, did a person buy a precise case for the caanoo? and entirely closed?

If yes, on which site?

Unfortunately I do not have the possibility of testing cases…

I went to a big store nearby so I could measure it up with my Caanoo. It's a 'Game Traveller' from RDS Industries.
There were a few soft cases that looked like they would fit, so I would think any soft case will be ok - though please note that I had to trim all the internal plastic that was DS-specific.

As for hard cases, they tend to be a little 'tighter' to the console, so if you can't get to a store I'd say go with a soft case.

Good luck!

dani31 said:
Hi all,

I seek a case everywhere, for caanoo, I find anything !

Do you have a precise case to advise me ?

Thanks,
Daniel

While certainly not a 'precise' case, the option I've gone for is pretty rugged and with a little work it's a snug fit for the Caanoo:

p1010948x.jpg

p1010949e.jpg

What you're seeing there is a case designed for a Nintendo DS (I think the standard DS, might be the XL though, can't remember) with an offcut of foam trimmed to squeeze into the bottom section. I then drew around the Caanoo with a biro and used a pen knife to cut a Caanoo-shaped hole out of the foam. Instant Caanoo case! Because everything fits so snugly I've not had to even glue the foam down and the Caanoo doesn't move at all, even when you shake the case around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back