Caprice32 Opengl Es 2.0

hdonk

Good news! I've finally finished porting CaPriCe32 over to OpenGL ES 2.0 using the emulated environment. I've also moved the palette lookups in to texture lookups in OpenGL.
Bad news! I can't get any GL to run on my beagleboard so I can't test it to see how the performance now stacks up.

Anybody managed to work around this problem yet? :

> gles1test1
'eglInitialize' returned egl error 'EGL_BAD_ALLOC' (0x3003)
> strace gles1test1
open("/dev/pvrsrvkm", O_RDWR) = 3
ioctl(3, 0xc01c670c, 0xbecbe864) = 0
ioctl(3, 0xc01c6700, 0xbecbe7a4) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, "\'eglInitialize\' returned egl err"..., 60'eglInitialize' returned egl error 'EGL_BAD_ALLOC' (0x3003)
) = 60

It looks like a mismatch between the OpenGL driver & the powervr module, but don't quote me on it.

Pickle said:
When i get back if no one else has, I can try it on the pandora you release the source.
Sounds like a plan! I'll give it a quick clean and package it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
where did you find the powervr drivers for beagle board? are you sure the kernel they were built with is the one you are using?

hdonk said:
Good news! I've finally finished porting CaPriCe32 over to OpenGL ES 2.0 using the emulated environment. I've also moved the palette lookups in to texture lookups in OpenGL.
Bad news! I can't get any GL to run on my beagleboard so I can't test it to see how the performance now stacks up.

> gles1test1
> strace gles1test1
write(2, "\'eglInitialize\' returned egl err"..., 60'eglInitialize' returned egl error 'EGL_BAD_ALLOC' (0x3003)
) = 60

It looks like a mismatch between the OpenGL driver & the powervr module, but don't quote me on it.

I had this problem too the other day.
It is a problem with the driver & powervr module not matching.
If you are using version .06 of the gles driver revert the module back to version 1397 and that should fix it, it did for me.

TheGoodDoktor said:
hdonk said:

> gles1test1
> strace gles1test1
) = 60

I had this problem too the other day.
It is a problem with the driver & powervr module not matching.
If you are using version .06 of the gles driver revert the module back to version 1397 and that should fix it, it did for me.

I figured as much - I did a completely clean install on a new SD card and the problem went away. I'm now stuck fighting OpenGL & SDL together - turns out I took a few too many shortcuts getting the video driver working under the SDK!

Back