Can't Show Correct Japanese Character In Drpocketsnes

AshleyYan

Still Fresh
I find that some Japanese characters cannot be shown correctly in DrPocketSnes.(Especially Kanji)
A part of them are always missing...Any suggestion to fix this problem?
Thank you.

Any specific examples of scenarios?
Give more detail, are these characters not displaying properly where? In the DrPocketSnes menu, or the game being emulated?

RupeeClock said:
Any specific examples of scenarios?
Give more detail, are these characters not displaying properly where? In the DrPocketSnes menu, or the game being emulated?

Thanks for your reply.
Can't show the text inside the game...only 2/3 of the text has been shown...
Let me take a pic later.
Now I have to enjoy me MVC3~

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for my late!
Here is the picture. All the Kanji can't be shown correctly.

http://photo.gaforum.org/showimage.php?i=33434&c=2

Seiken Densetsu 3 (along with Rudra no Hidou and others while we're on the subject) uses the SNES's high-resolution functionality (bluh bluh, can't remember if it was one of the enhancement chips or built-in capabilities) to display text. I'm assuming that said high-res mode is not supported by the emulator in question. Too bad there isn't some kind of interpolation method to make up for it.

The english patch's font might be thick enough to be readable at low resolutions, if you want to try that.

Lily Surette said:
Seiken Densetsu 3 (along with Rudra no Hidou and others while we're on the subject) uses the SNES's high-resolution functionality (bluh bluh, can't remember if it was one of the enhancement chips or built-in capabilities) to display text. I'm assuming that said high-res mode is not supported by the emulator in question. Too bad there isn't some kind of interpolation method to make up for it.

The english patch's font might be thick enough to be readable at low resolutions, if you want to try that.

Oh...that's why some other games can show the correct character....
Anyway, thanks for your information!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back