Cant Run Joygp Stuff

zenocha

Website
Visit site
Hi, i havent used my gp32_console in ages and ive been trying to put gpcinema and some other joygp programs on it, they install fine but they wont load, it just returns me to the selection screen, im running euro fw, but ive had just bout every fw there is on it, any ideas? (and yes i did buy them there not warez :p)

nope its the same gp ive always had, an ye wen i got them they worked fine, could flashing m gp have messed up its identity?

dont think so, how have you transferd them? pc-link? if you used fpk extract it wont work, its dont support encryption.

I've had this problem a while back. You need to completely blank and format your SMC and then install them back on :) Its the only way to get it working again.

Ive used a program called "gpex" and that has worked for me ok, since I use an SMC reader.

ok ill try that, i have tried it with pc link, gpdrive via fireflys gpex and a card r/w, ill try it on a clean smc, if not i dunno

edit: nope still doesnt work

Vimacs posted on Apr 26 2004 at 07:26 PM said:
if you used fpk extract it wont work, its dont support encryption.
It doesn't need to; they're encrypted inside the archive already :)

You may want to format from inside PC-Link - it uses a different format structure that often works better for official programs, but it does mean that more space is used if you're storing thousands of ickle files (like in the region where lots of sets of 1-8kb starts to add up to a significant ammount).

That's fixed OS9x and GPCinema for me in the past - maybe it'll help you... Formatting from Pacrom isn't the same, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive tried it through pc link and still nothing, i may contact joygp and see if they can encryt a fresh copy or something

umm this is wierd, its now not booting straight to the pclink/p[lay menu, instead i get the program loading bar, but its flashing, and then the selection screen then some more loading and finally to the file selecter it then acts normally, i hope my gp isnt dying on me here

You should have unlimited downloads for GP Cinema anyway. Try logging into the site and see what files are available to you. (click on "MY JoyGP")

(I've downloaded it countless times from the site :))

see now thats the thing, i dunno why but i tried running joygp reg again and now in the download page it says my gp32 has changed and wont let me download and yet i have only ever owned one gp, this one, ive emailed entware to see if they will re-encrypt the files for me, i can only presume that flashing my gp32 has somehow changed its id

well if you went back and reregisted that is probably the problem. The software is encrypted to work on your gp32 only and I would imagine that if you went back and reregistered it might have changed some settings and could be messing it up. I have reflashed a gp32 and the software worked just fine so it shouldn't be the bios.

it appears the id changed, i got bada to re encrypt the games and now it works so my only answer is that somehow the id did get changed :blink:

Back