Can't Get Keen And Others To Run

shaunconn

Still Fresh
Hi

Got a new GP2X with 3.0 firmware, but there are several games (CloneKeen2x, pacmame, Abu Simbel Profanation) which don't run. They either just go straight back to the menu, or hang. I don't have the SDL's because gp2x support tell me I don't need them at 3.0 (and there is no "utility" to load them anyway).

Other games like bubbletrain, cyberdogs, heroes2x, vektar, etc all work fine. I have tried using a different SD card, but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Shaun

Don't you need the original Commander Keen datafiles to play it in CloneKeen2? Could it be that you just installed the clonekeen2x without the original data?

same with pacmame, idk about the other application tho, try reading the readme, that may shed some light on how to get them running

read the pages for each application on http://wiki.gp2x.org
there are installation instructions for almost everything

some programs need to be in specific locations, or have specific data files renamed. sometimes you have to set a config file to tell the program where to find those data files, and uPPeRCaSe oR LoWeRCaSe can matter as that's how linux/unix works

i would also be inclined to downgrade to 2.1.1 and just install SDL libs

Super Jamie posted on Mar 9 2007 at 02:10 AM said:
read the pages for each application on http://wiki.gp2x.org
there are installation instructions for almost everything

some programs need to be in specific locations, or have specific data files renamed. sometimes you have to set a config file to tell the program where to find those data files, and uPPeRCaSe oR LoWeRCaSe can matter as that's how linux/unix works

i would also be inclined to downgrade to 2.1.1 and just install SDL libs

Hi

I have followed the readme, and installed the datafiles from shareware version for keen (as indicated). I'm familiar with linux and setting up programs, so I was hoping to hear from someone (anyone!) running games under 3.0.

Downgrading just seems so... wrong. :)

Regards
Shaun

Last edited by a moderator:
Draken posted on Mar 8 2007 at 09:33 PM said:
Don't you need the original Commander Keen datafiles to play it in CloneKeen2? Could it be that you just installed the clonekeen2x without the original data?
yep, you need the original data files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back