Can't Get Dosbox To Work

Lister2020

Still Fresh
Ive looked at the sample Text file, and edited it in an extra directory to try and launch a game but I just get black screen then back to the main menu. Any idea what I might be doin wrong?

with what did you edit it? it probably expects unix style line ending and your app might have changed that. try programmers notepad or editpad pro
not sure through...

Vimacs posted on Mar 26 2007 at 12:42 AM said:
with what did you edit it? it probably expects unix style line ending and your app might have changed that. try programmers notepad or editpad pro
not sure through...

The readme said you could edit it in notepad and it would be ok. I changed the directory to dosboz.omf2097 and the default file to be C:/omf.exe

Lister2020 posted on Mar 26 2007 at 12:44 AM said:
Vimacs posted on Mar 26 2007 at 12:42 AM said:
not sure through...

The readme said you could edit it in notepad and it would be ok. I changed the directory to dosboz.omf2097 and the default file to be C:/omf.exe

Ok now it is booting up the default application? :blink:

I changed the oldosbox file or whatever it is called to change the mounted C directory and to load the file OMF.exe

It still loads the standard startup thing so what have I done wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
have been playing with the new dos box - dont seem able to get games that launch with a .bat file to start up though - just get a black screen and it hangs.

have tried puting the .bat file in the dosbox.config and then tried putting the contents of the bat below:

[autoexec]
# lines of code to boot the dos program go here
mount C "/mnt/sd/games/dosbox/gametitle"
c:

...but still nothing. can get aitd to run fine, so is this a known issue or maybe not supported?

I've tried a few games with a batch file and had no problems with them.

I do know Dosbox is case sensitive when it wants to be.

so if the bat file is GAME.BAT, makes sure you have GAME.BAT in the config.

What game is it and I might be able to help.

Cheers
Darren

hmm, i have left my gp2x at home but will test later - are you referencing the .bat file in the config or transfering the contents of the .bat there instead?

marc

ninja sauce posted on Mar 28 2007 at 12:29 PM said:
hmm, i have left my gp2x at home but will test later - are you referencing the .bat file in the config or transfering the contents of the .bat there instead?

marc

I also cannot get this to work. I edited it in notepad for the C: drive to be the OMF2097 direcotry and for omf.exe but it still loads alone in the dark

ninja sauce posted on Mar 27 2007 at 07:21 PM said:
have been playing with the new dos box - dont seem able to get games that launch with a .bat file to start up though - just get a black screen and it hangs.

have tried puting the .bat file in the dosbox.config and then tried putting the contents of the bat below:

[autoexec]
# lines of code to boot the dos program go here
c:

...but still nothing. can get aitd to run fine, so is this a known issue or maybe not supported?

Shouldn't that be:
c:
gametitle.bat

I have managed to get bat files to work.

oh yes, i meant that i had tried:

gametitle.bat

and that i had copied the bat files contents there also...still no dice, but havnt had time to play.

Back