Cannot Access Private Web Server From Wan

yaustar

UK GP32 & GP2X Owner
Website
Visit site
I have just physically moved my web server from my parents house to my new flat and I can't access it outside of the local network.

I have checked that the port is forwarded correctly on the router (and did a few tests) and also the .htacess file but I still end up with the following error when I attempt to access it from WAN:

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

The only major change besides location is that the local IP of the server has changed from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.2.150.

I am heavily assuming that I need to change a config file somewhere on my server but I can't figure out/find out what it is.

Anyone have any ideas?

yaustar posted on Oct 9 2006 at 06:34 PM said:
I have just physically moved my web server from my parents house to my new flat and I can't access it outside of the local network.

I have checked that the port is forwarded correctly on the router (and did a few tests) and also the .htacess file but I still end up with the following error when I attempt to access it from WAN:
Anyone have any ideas?
Your internet provider is probably blocking port 80. Set it up to listen on another port and try accessing it, be sure to specify the new port number by putting :81 or whatever at the end of your address

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF!? IT has 'magically' fixed itself :blink:

Thanks for the help anyway though.. ;)

Some ISPs sporadically block port 80, for what reasons I don't really know. I run mine on port 6080 and port 80 so I can always get to it.

Back