GP32 Calling Mr.mirko

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi Mr.Mirko,

I have finally got around to compiling the 'Frodo' version of the SMC lib, which has unicode removed, and long filename support (yeah!). The only problem is that I want to keep it compatible with your SDK replacement, and so want to use your 'gp_filesys.c' code as much as possible.

(1)
Have you modified the original smc lib at all? I am wondering if I can simply use your 'gp_filesys.c' file and everything will keep running ok?

(2)
Do I compile 'gp_filesys.c' into 'libsm.a' along with the other files (like smc_buf.o smc_fat.o smc_io.o ...)?

(3)
Is your file 'gp_smc.a' just a renamed version of 'libsm.a' ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mr.Mirko,

I have finally got around to compiling the 'Frodo' version of the SMC lib, which has unicode removed, and long filename support (yeah!). The only problem is that I want to keep it compatible with your SDK replacement, and so want to use your 'gp_filesys.c' code as much as possible.

(1)
Have you modified the original smc lib at all?  I am wondering if I can simply use your 'gp_filesys.c' file and everything will keep running ok?

(2)
Do I compile 'gp_filesys.c' into 'libsm.a' along with the other files (like smc_buf.o smc_fat.o smc_io.o ...)?

(3)
Is your file 'gp_smc.a' just a renamed version of 'libsm.a' ?

Thanks in advance!

Here are my smc files i use, copy them to
lib.src/smfs/

then edit
lib.src/Makefile
and remove the leading # infront of
#make -C smfs

and type "make", your new SDK will be build, with smc support.
Then jump to the lib/ directory and type "make" too.
A new libmirkoSDK.a will be created :)

ftp://mirko.dnip.net/smf_files.tar.gz

btw, iam using the same smc lib, like frodo does, i only removed the unicode things.
btw2, this lib is copyright by samsung, someone should tell the frodo guy, that he should remove the source from his web space... I "think" giving away the compiled version is okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, iam using the same smc lib, like frodo does, i only removed the unicode things.
btw2, this lib is copyright by samsung, someone should tell the frodo guy, that he should remove the source from his web space... I "think" giving away the compiled version is okay.
The copyright also goes for the compiled version though. :/

<slight off-topicness follows>
I use mirkoSDK as well, but use newlib + smc lib for file access instead of gp_filesys. I prefer this because then you can take advantage of newlib's fancy I/O routines.

In case anyone's interested, here's the syscalls.c patch I use: http://www.retrovg.com/gp32/newlib-1.13.0-...-patch-0.4.diff.

Last edited by a moderator:
as for the copyrighted samsung lib with proprietary license,
it should neither be distributed like that, nor linked with GPLed libs/programs

btw, it's no excuse that there isn't another lib like that

Back