Caanoo: Tv-Out For Temper And Picodrive Not Working

ccc

Still Fresh
Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, but I searched and couldn't find any topics on this.

I just received the TV-Out cable for the Caanoo. It works fine with Atari, ScummVM and NeoGeo, but the emulators Temper and Picodrive don't seem to work. I'm in Europe so I use PAL for TV setting, but I also tried the other option to no avail - the screen's just looking distorted, almost the same way when waiting for the Commodore 64 tape games to load in the good ole days haha. :D Anyhow, Does anyone know a way to get the TV-Out cable to work with Temper and Picodrive?

Well, I duckduckgo:ed my query and found a similar topic on these forums (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57358-about-the-original-caanoo-tv-out-cable-few-questions/) at least regarding the picodrive emulator. Apparently there's something called the 'good display option' for picodrive so I just need to find more info on that I guess.

Still can't get Temper to work though.

Firmware is 1.6.1 btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd really prefer to keep the default frontend. The only two emulators (of the five I'm using) I can't get to work with tv-out is Picodrive and Temper so I'm sure I just need to change some settings in those two emulators? Presumably, I'm looking for the "good display option" for Picodrive I reckon and for Temper I guess I just have to try with different settings, unless someone can confirm that Temper doesn't support tv-out at this point.

Thanks again, someoneElse. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Run Picodrive through gmenu2X. TV-out works this way but with frameskip: in menu frame renews only every second key press, during play sprites sometimes disappear from the screen (played battle city). Is there any solution to fix this frameskip, maybe modifying source? Native caanoo menu seems to work fine.

Nope, so solution. I hate gmenu2x but for now it's the only partial solution :(

Back