[Caanoo] Out Of Stock At Playasia

I have seen play-asia run out of stock a few times.
Maybe the flood of android devices sales are obscuring the caanoo?

Last time I heard they are still in production.
For one funny fact, they sell really quick.
Caanoos arrive here in batches of 10 - 20 units and are usually sold through Mercado Livre (brazilian e-bay sort of thing).
They usually least a couple week.

Edit:

like you can see here:
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-226565520-caanoo-black-_JM

I bought mine this way and ended up paying a little more.
But importing such thing, even from play-asia is a tax loterry kind of thing...
government may charge 100% taxes on final price plus hold it for a few months.
I take this guy gets his caanoos from an e-bay girl reseller and a few other sources.
He is a nice chap and his price is in between the original and half a fully taxed one.
I got mine the day I payed, wen´t to pick it up personally :)

coldfis said:
Should we read anything into this?

I'm guessing not being manufactured anymore, so limited availability. :unsure:

wikipedia said:
The Caanoo failed to sell well, and in September 2011, GamePark decided it would not develop any new hardware. (no citation)

Some random Facebook people are saying it's not dead/going to come back/concentrating on the Korean market or something. But seeming a bit dead for sure.

Another wikipedia article cites this post as a source.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a spare Caanoo before they went out of stock. It clocks to 800+Mhz :)

They have been quoting resellers for possible number of purchases for this year, so I take they will still produce it for more a longer time.
As for sales, it doesn´t advertise much, so most people don´t even know it exists unless you are into retro games or open handhelds, but like I said before, whenever they are for sale around here, it sells really fast.

I think the hardware and everything in it is quite good even on today´s standard.

Back