C64

Hmmmm... loving it :)
That's the emulator I missed the most on the WIZ... as the old VICE wasn't working too well (got to check your new version).
But on the Pandora with that big screeny... yay :D

Playing Sonic is so much more fun with that big screen, I imagine C64 will be equal :D

Tomorrow will be the last day I can do some videos until the 29th, as I'm at home during christmas (having the Pandora for Bug finding there with me, but no camera) and on the 28th there is the CE testing.

So... whatever I will get tonight I can do some video for you :)

Oh, I remember some wanted OpenBOR, that does work fine :) Will do a video of it tomorrow.

That's one of the things I bought my Pandora for. As a child our family wasn't so well off most of the time (we did fine just never much extra money) and while my friends had C64's and Atari St's I had a Spectravideo SVI-328. Bought from an electronics catalog that sold stuff you couldn't just go to the store and pick up (Imports, Closeouts, Specialty) it was called DAK.
I loved that computer as it had 64K RAM like my friends computers as well as MS Extended Basic, but it had a cassette drive, no floppy and I wasn't able to get peripherals. Always wanted a Floppy Drive so it wouldn't take hours to save a small program. Hopefully someday I can convince ZX-81 to port over the SVI-328 emulator I have to the Pandora. At least now though, with my Pandora, I can really get to use the C64 and the Atari ST's and even Amiga (and others). Computers were so much more fun back then. Today they may be faster and more functional, but back then that cursor on screen that basically said "Here I am, now YOU make ME do something" was so much more thrilling and fun. I miss those days. I will get to have them again, soon, hopefully.

EvilDragon said:
Tomorrow will be the last day I can do some videos until the 29th, as I'm at home during christmas (having the Pandora for Bug finding there with me, but no camera) and on the 28th there is the CE testing.
"Bug finding," yep. ;)

Also, Letalis Sonus, that's really, really cool. Hope you have fun with it! I dunno what happened to my old C64. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my C64 nigh on twenty years ago (wow, that many Christmasses already? :blink: ), so the timing of this is making me feel a bit nostalgic. :) Thanks Pickle!

TitanUranus said:
The BSOD of a PC, or the beautiful work of art that is a C64 declairing it's got 38911 BASIC bytes free and is READY (blink blink blink)?

And c128... horrible ugly green screened jumped up expensive wannabe amiga thing - I guess at least it wasn't a ZX spectrum.

Blue Screen?

atari800win_plus_8.png

As for disk drives, I was fortunate to get an Indus GT with true Double Density - a "whole" 180K per side. I am currently attempting to convert my library of disks to ATR files - the 25-year-old disks still work!

I was all about Commodore as a kid, had a VIC-20 I got as a Xmas present, then I got a C64 and tape drive I used for a bit, springing for the floppy when I could afford it on my paper route money. Didn't get a C128 until after I was out of school and living alone, got one for like 100 bucks used with everything (dual 3 1/2 inch floppies, etc.)

Warhawk. I designed the gfx and most of the levels. I still play it on my GP32 from time to time :)

Oh and Gribblys day out because it's a brilliant game and will test the controls to the max. (no I didn't design Gribblys)

People will surely laugh, but Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo would be nice to see if you happen to have it. :lol: (Like I said before, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. :p)

EvilDragon said:
Any special game wishes? :)

Any of the classics...Jump Man, Summer Games, Kung Fu Master...dunno what the big C64 titles were in Germany, but I grew up on those. Anything and everything!! ;)

Ghostbusters! The first one, where you load up your car with gear, and try to make more money than you started with. It was on Apple IIe's as well, but the C64 version rocks the speech synthsis. "He SLIMED me!". Lol...actually, any game with speech would be cool to hear...Impossible Mission? :)

EmuGuy said:
Lol...actually, any game with speech would be cool to hear...Impossible Mission? :)
Stay a while! Stay FOREVER!! :D

Philly said:
Dunny said:
I swapped my first C64 for a Spectrum - my dad wasn't chuffed, as it was an xmas present but soon saw the wisdom of what I'd done when he got to coding on it :)

D.
You swapped your C64 for a Speccy??? I bet the other kids dad saw a bit of wisdom that day too, lol

No, I swapped it at a charity shop - they then had it in the window for about £10 at the time. It didn't sell all the way up to the time the shop closed down.

Before the speccy bunch try n flame on let me just say this... I like all computers and im from an age when ANY computer was a bonus if your mum n dad could afford one but C64`s were double the price of speccy`s dude!

It depended what you wanted from a computer. Sure, if you liked games more than anything else and preferred a joystick to a keyboard then the C64 was for you. But for beginners wanting to get into coding, it was a bitch to break into. The Speccy on the other hand had an excellent BASIC and a far more useful instruction set with the z80 (not to mention it was clocked faster, but some 6502 features almost made that up).

I wasn't into games really at all back then, so the C64 was useless to me. And when I did get into games, there were plenty of awesome things to play on the Speccy - and of course, when I finally left the speccy scene, the Amiga was there waiting for me...

D.

EmuGuy said:
Ghostbusters! The first one, where you load up your car with gear, and try to make more money than you started with. It was on Apple IIe's as well, but the C64 version rocks the speech synthsis. "He SLIMED me!". Lol...actually, any game with speech would be cool to hear...Impossible Mission? :)

Really? I loved it on the Atari 800, but didn't know it had such sound effects on the C64. I know the C64 has a few advantages over the Atari, but didn't know it was that powerful...

Back