C.e. Test Booked For 14 Oct 2009

He could be right on the FCC thing. I've just checked my Palm TX, it's logo'd to the hilt, including CE, but there's no FCC on there.

Ok, now is time to get worried again on the cases, no news so far, hope tomorrow (or later today) we get even much more good news

Kent Brockman: Professor, would you say it's time for our viewers to panic?
Professor: Mmm, yes I would, Kent.

craigix said:
Sorry, I meant to also add that the MP cases should be ready on the 15th.

keyword: should ;)

read this thread for the full context of what is going on with the cases.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49775-did-you-get-this-newsletter/page__view__findpost__p__759177

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear world. My keyboard has an FCC logo. It's wired. How deeply should we read into this?

So does my mouse.

And my Xbox.

Anecdotal evidence goes both ways.

Seek facts.

Just checked some more sites:

Q: Are the requirements the same? FCC is FCC, right?
A: Unfortunately, it is not so simple. Different authorization is needed for different types of equipment. The FCC has four main categories of equipment authorization:

• Verification (unintentional radiators)
• Declaration of Conformity (unintentional radiators that connect with PC’s or television systems)
• Certification (intentional radiators, radar detectors
• Registration (telephones & telecommunication devices)

Technical expertise is needed to evaluate the design to ensure correct authorization.

Our device falls under category two: Declaration Conformity.

And more information about that:

Verification and Declaration of Conformity do not need to be filed with the FCC. Manufacturers must maintain FCC reports on file for any covered products generally for two years after permanent cessation of production.

So it looks it's the same as CE here. All we need to do is test it and keep the results - not need to file and wait :D

I just looked at every wireless electronic thing i own (30+), and all i can fond is the ce logo...no fcc on anything

my cell phone dosent even seem to have it lol

Ed, so now you know it needs tested, I assume you still need a pandora with a mp case for that?

Will the same company do it for you as did the CE testing?

Does it take a little time as the CE took?

This doesn't change the go ahead for mp boards, right?

MonkeyChops said:
Ed, so now you know it needs tested, I assume you still need a pandora with a mp case for that?

Will the same company do it for you as did the CE testing?

Yes.

Does it take a little time as the CE took?
This doesn't change the go ahead for mp boards, right?

It's basically the same test, just a different report.
So both testings will take place at once.

The test does need approx. 5 hours, the quick one we had today was 2 hours :)

Last edited:
ED,

Will the LCD ribbon insulators cause any issues with current case/mould design? Hopefully there's room to "play" with...

Thanks for the details & eliminating the FCC hurdle!

Link

To quote from another thread;

Defo said:
Minor update by ED via the Blog:

Raise your shields and full speed ahead, Scotty.

Well, Michael has already begun to wrap up one of those LCD cables in a nice shield. Those foils are REALLY thin, so there's nothing we need to change with the case. It's an easy fix.

The other thing you might want to know is that we placed our order for the production of those 3895 boards. Yep, mass production of the motherboards has started!

Now all that's left to do is bugger the chinese company to finish the moulds. Yeeha!

Good news about the LCD cable shielding.

Oh yeah, and board MP has started, too. :D

Hope this is useful. :)

Mjlink said:
ED,

Will the LCD ribbon insulators cause any issues with current case/mould design? Hopefully there's room to "play" with...

Thanks for the details & eliminating the FCC hurdle!

Link
New blog entry says no.

Edit:
Ninja'd :(

I hadn't even considered checking existing products for FCC. My blackberry, my nokia, my DS, even my remote control truck are lacking in FCC symbol.
On the other hand, my palm pilot, webcam, and USB hub all do have FCC.
So the conclusion that I draw is that things which have the possibility of interfering with radio reception do not need to be checked by FCC, but things which have no chance of interfering with radio reception do. :p
Sounds like a government body to me. :D

The funny thing, is that this sounds like better news for North America. No need for FCC, and even if the LCD cable isn't meeting CE standards, still ok for North America.

So right now, the Pandora is fine for North America without anything more.

Plus they can ship directly from Texas to all USA peoples. SCORE!

Back