Bubble Train

Let me know if you try it. I haven't played it on the Wiz that much yet, but it seemed to work fine.

RX Shorty posted on May 20 2009 at 08:46 PM said:
It runs fine, but the sounds is not running smooth... :(
You know, now that you mention it, I recall noticing some weirdness, but the next time I tried a level it seemed fine. Well, hmm, hopefully I can figure out what the issue is, but I'll be gone for over a week. What if you just turn off the music in the settings? Does it work fine then?

Thanks. Sorry. It seems that this release may have just turned "beta."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the game runs fine just as it is, only the sounds playback is not optimal.

I am going to play some longer to see if it disappears or not.
Speak to you over a week or so ;)

RX Shorty posted on May 20 2009 at 09:23 PM said:
Well the game runs fine just as it is, only the sounds playback is not optimal.
I am going to play some longer to see if it disappears or not.
Speak to you over a week or so ;)

Is it music, sfx, or both?

I know that RACE had an issue with my call to initialize the audio at a low rate. When I set it to 44.1KHz it was better. Maybe there's a similar issue with BubbleTrain, but I'm not sure what it's setting it to.

I'll still be around for a day before I leave and I may be online here and there, but not deving. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll do a quick check to see if there's an obvious easy fix.

Flavor posted on May 21 2009 at 04:28 AM said:
Is it music, sfx, or both?

I know that RACE had an issue with my call to initialize the audio at a low rate. When I set it to 44.1KHz it was better. Maybe there's a similar issue with BubbleTrain, but I'm not sure what it's setting it to.

I'll still be around for a day before I leave and I may be online here and there, but not deving. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll do a quick check to see if there's an obvious easy fix.
Both I am afraid :(

I played 5 levels. Sound and music seem to be good. Nice port, btw.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock posted on May 21 2009 at 03:00 PM said:
I played 5 levels. Sound and music seem to be good. Nice port, btw.
Thanks! Was this with the one from yesterday, or the patch I just posted about a couple posts back?

RX Shorty posted on May 21 2009 at 05:25 PM said:
Well tried the fix... it goes to black screen and then back to the menu :S
This file should be in the |bin| folder right?
Yeah. It's possible that the capitalization is important. Offhand (I can't check here, now), I think it should be "bin/BubTrain-wiz".

I'm no artist. That's for darn sure!

Most of the megabytes come from the background music.

The graphics (and audio) are all skinnable. Please, if you are an artist, feel free to make a new theme. In fact, the game is made so that you could make your own levels with graphics and audio for everyone else to play.

Anyway, it's defintely not a question of time (for me). :)

Nice port, coincidence has it that only recently I got into it on the GP2X, very fun game.

Browsing through menus with the touchscreen makes a big difference :)

Back