Broken GP - fails to launch!

Tim

Still Fresh
I had a GP32 for a good 1/2 year now, and I dropped it on the floor. It worked well with freelauncher,
but now it cant launch freelauncher nor moviepark.

the MP3 player shows the files but cant play them.
I press the start button to start freelauncher, but it does nothing.
Is there a way to reflash my firmware?

Hi Tim

This sounds like the keys are not working (due to being dropped??) If this is the case it may be possible to open the unit and fix things. I have never opened mine and I aint saying this would be easy, but I am sure some of the more adventurous out there will be able to add to this.

If your problem is that the keys are knacked then flashingthe firmware will make no difference.

I hope this helps

MrT

I dropped my GP32 about a month ago and only one of my buttons stopped working, and that was the R button. I opened my GP32 up and sure enough the metal piece that pushes the R button was bent, and i un-bent it, and it works. I don't know what to say about your situation though, maybe you should just look inside and see if anything looks out of place (??). If stuff is just floating in there you have a problem. Craig is getting replacemnet parts, maybe that will help. I hope you can fix it. I know how annoying and scary it can be.

I do not think this is the case, since I can enter the game menu with the start key.
It doesnt launch.

Tried with multiple SMCs. Have gotten nowhere past the game screen.
Going to try test mode.
Ill see is it is the SMC contacts.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that.
I checked all buttons and they work fine as well :(

Firmware - buuurrrn...

hmmm.....

Are you sure its not your a button? More than ½ the time, a dropped gp32 can result in buttons not working.
Maybe you can get a new one. Do you still have your warrenty?

Nope. No warranty.

I also should have noted that I opened up my GP - althought didn't change anything,
and it worked fine thereafter.

But i dropped it a month later, and it's dead.
The right speaker died too, according to test mode.

Tim posted on May 20 2003 said:
Nope. No warranty.

I also should have noted that I opened up my GP - althought didn't change anything,
and it worked fine thereafter.

But i dropped it a month later, and it's dead.
The right speaker died too, according to test mode.
test mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
GP test mode -

Press LRRLRRLL
On the main screen
Press Start+Select to scroll through tests.

Any luck?

I have the same problem of unlaunchable freelaucher on the Game screen...
I'm about to give up and send back the whole lot.
JBB :(

Just managed to sort mine...

It's because I registered twice with a different ID, and downloaded Freelauncher with the old first ID, while trying to install with the new one that got authentificated with the wizard.
Also might be that I didn't reboot after the driver install... (pc link seemed to work and all)

Cool.
JBB

Back