British songstress, Amy Winehouse found dead.

She had some talent, but I have no pity for her; Rest in peace, hopefully but --

She did it to herself, willfully; being a serious cocaine head, basicly living in the dumpster for what, 5 or more years, with doctors and family telling you every day to stop ....

Life was not unjust to her, she was just an idiot.

jeff

She had some talent, but I have no pity for her; Rest in peace, hopefully but --

She did it to herself, willfully; being a serious cocaine head, basicly living in the dumpster for what, 5 or more years, with doctors and family telling you every day to stop ....

Life was not unjust to her, she was just an idiot.

jeff

I can't argue with that. Not one bit.

I wasn't a fan, but one thing struck me watching the coverage of her 'fans' lining up to leave 'tributes' at her address. As one newsreader noted, aside from flowers and cards, the place was piled high with empty (and full) bottles of Vodka & Whiskey. Left in tribute. That's like leaving a stick of dynamite on the grave of a bombing victim. Stupendously inappropriate.

Still, some winos will be able to celebrate her passing once the cleanup starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't a fan, but one thing struck me watching the coverage of her 'fans' lining up to leave 'tributes' at her address. As one newsreader noted, aside from flowers and cards, the place was piled high with empty (and full) bottles of Vodka & Whiskey. Left in tribute. That's like leaving a stick of dynamite on the grave of a bombing victim. Stupendously inappropriate.

Still, some winos will be able to celebrate her passing once the cleanup starts.
I've seen the same thing happen (empty bottles of booze) at DUI fatality crash sites.

That's about 0.002% of the world population.

The birth rate, I'm given to believe, is a great deal higher and is the more disturbing figure.

Yes 150,000 a day die, but 384,000 a day are born.

Not to good.

1. What are chavs?

2. Not that easy.

3. I am actually not against a birth control law; China has one (one kid per family). Yes, they can be batshit insane, but the population *is* leveling off. And the law doesn't even affect everybody, just people in or near crowded areas (typically urban). Your second kid is not killed, you're just fined. And pre-existing siblings can stay.

1. What are chavs?
Spongers who contribute nothing to society, who have children of their own whilst they are still children themselves in order to get free money and housing (the parents often encourage this), and who think that society owes them something.

Ah, yes. They themselves were probably born of chavs (never heard an American name for 'em). Lesson here? Teach sex ed, not abstinence.

Back