Boxed Game List

Dreamstate

Still Fresh
Hey,
I want to get a list of all of the boxed games that were released. Then, maybe we can get the list pinned so everyone will know what was available. I will list what I know was definitely released in a box. Please help add to this list with the following rules:

If you don't have it and can't find a link to prove it, don't post it.
If it is not a game, but is boxed, you can list it, but please note accordingly.
This is for BOXED commerical games ONLY. Just trying to be clear.

Here is what I have so far:
1) GP Fight
2) Dooley Soccer 2002
3) Wizard Slayer
4) Treasure Island
5) Rally Pop
6) Mill
7) Little Wizard
8) Dyhard: With Infinite Stairs
9) Dungeon & Guarder
10) Her Knight: All for the Princess
11) Kimchi Man
12) Tomak
13) Wanna be Wizard
14) Astonisha Story R
15) Blue Angelo
16) Hany Party Game: Star Ball
17) Raphael
18) Princess Maker 2
19) Tanggle's Magic Squares
20) Funny Soccer (Still need proof)
21) Therapy
22) One Shot Voca (Not a game but the only one that is not)

Thanks for everyone's help :p

I have looked and I can't find any more games that can be confirmed. I saw a lot of "I think" and "It may have been", but no "I have it". I really just want the game list, not the Novels and Utility software. Anyone else know more?

Again, you guys seem to be confused. I know about the sites and I know about the forums. But there is NO definitive list for BOXED games. There are lists of commerical games and lists of homebrew, but that's not what I am asking for. If anyone actually knows something on this topic, please help. :blink:

As far as I know yes, that's a complete list (not including one shot voca which really isn't a game) Damn, can't believe there's no way to get funny soccer now... that's one of my missing games :S (that I can't buy boxed as far as I know)

The download version of Hany party games were seperated and the boxed version is a compilation one. And I don't think funny soccer was ever boxed... but I'd like it if someone proved me wrong.

I know what you mean. I am trying to find Astonisha Story R and it is impossible. Did you find verification that Funny Soccer really had a boxed version? (ie anyone actually have one that you know?) Also, I think there may be up to three different versions of Hany Party Game. One with Star Ball, One with Tower Master, and one with both. I don't know for sure. I have a copy of just Hany Party on order, so I guess I have some idea once I get it. Do you know?

That's pretty much it, besides the 5 English versions. (little wizard, d&g, rally pop, treasure island, and her knights *i think)

Dreamstate posted on Oct 20 2005 at 04:46 PM said:
Therapy is not a game, so I started a new list for Non-Games that are boxed. Thanks!
So sims don't count as games? Or am i thinking about a different game....

Last edited by a moderator:
deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 20 2005 at 11:20 PM said:
Dreamstate posted on Oct 20 2005 at 04:46 PM said:
Therapy is not a game, so I started a new list for Non-Games that are boxed.  Thanks!
So sims don't count as games? Or am i thinking about a different game....

Hmm, my understanding is that they are Visual Novels. If they are Sims, I would count them. Anyone have one or know for sure?

well, i'm not sure. Theres quite a fine line between a visual novel and a sim, and as I haven't played it, I can't say for sure.

HERE's a review of it:

"Therapy is the first visual novel/love sim for the GP32, soon to be followed by Tears: Contact and Story of Bug Eyed Monster. Therapy is definitely traditional, and completely oldschool. This is not a bad thing, it just doesn’t have the high-energy manga-infused style of many contemporary visual novels. You can choose between two girls, each of whom you must try to woo before the game’s end. The character design is quite excellent, and the backgrounds are photoshopped digital photos. The sprite based characters work quite well with the backgrounds. Making your way through the story, you can choose various things to say to whomever you happen to be speaking. Upon completion of one quest, another side-quest is opened, making for at least three-four hours of gameplay depending, for each girl. The music is gorgeous. This game features the most thoughtful and well composed music in the entire GP32 library. Truly masterful. And yet, music is only used for certain events, and never loops. This seems like a mistake. There should be some general scenario music, punctuated by the rest of the tracks at appropriate moments. It’s a bit troublesome, because each track lasts between ten and 25 seconds, which really leaves you wanting more. A loop or two wouldn’t have hurt them. So the majority of the game is played in silence, other than the click of the ‘advance text’ arrow. From my discussions with folks on GPzigi, the story is too linear; your decisions don't really change the outcome. But being a visual, rather than parallel novel, this may not be so surprising. But bear in mind that since I can't speak Korean, my score should be taken with a grain of salt. As far as I can tell, this is a solid purchase for Korean speakers, or those trying to learn. I sincerely hope that this is not the last game Rosa:6 makes for the platform.

Miniscore: 8.9/10"

I guess it depends on what you call a game. I would definitely consider FATE and Warlock on Firetop Mountain games even though they are playing though VNS (VirtuaNovelSystem), but maybe this is different...

While not an appealing to me (since they are all in Korean), I guess we better add them to the game list after all. SO, with that said, can we get some verification of whether these titles have boxes or not?

Story of Bug-Eyed Monster
Tears: Contact
Winter Is...
Funny Soccer (Still looking actual yes or no)

Also, if there are more, let me know. I know the following games/sims do NOT.
Super Plusha
Pinball Dreams
Gloop Deluxe

Thanks for the continued help on this. Once we seem to be done, I'll try to get the list pinned.

I just talked to the folks from GP32z about finding some of these remaining titles in the boxes. He said that he did not think any of the remaining games were released in boxes. SO, unless someone has some of the VNS games, I don't think they had boxes. Does anyone actually have Therapy and/or One Shot Voca?

Also, GP32z has most of the released boxed games available (or did have them all) except Astonisha Story R. He is even supposed to have Blue Angelo next week. He's been real nice to me so I thought I would just let people know. :p

Just to clarify for you, those games aren't made for or with VNS. VNS (VirtuaNovelSystem) is a program made by VirtuaLeech for the gp32 so that developers can make virtual novels or other similar games on the gp32 very easily. You are probably getting VNS mixed up with simply "virtual novel", which is the name given to these types of games.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 22 2005 at 03:17 PM said:
Just to clarify for you at those games aren't made for or with VNS. VNS (VirtuaNovelSystem) is a program made by VirtuaLeech for the gp32 so that developers can make virtual novels or other similar games on the gp32 very easily. You are probably getting VNS mixed up with simply "virtual novel", which is the name given to these types of games.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was getting the terms mixed up. ;)

I definately never seen any of the "missing" games boxed. Once there was a boxed version of Pinball Dreams announced but unfortunately it was never released boxed. The only 2 boxed releases I'm missing are Therapy and One shot voca. A friend of mine has/had Therapy, I saw the box but never bothered to play the actual game.
As Therapy is a dating sim, it's a real game in my opinion. So I'm missing one boxed game in my GP32 collection.

Back