Boulder Dash Clone

Yuglooc posted on Dec 13 2004 at 07:22 PM said:
Boulder Dash (NES) Wont do?

The NES version does not have graphics as good as that other version.

Last edited by a moderator:
To hell with these fancy clones! Play the original Boulderdash - it all started on the Atari 800, and the GP32 Atari 800 emulator is perfect. :)

I always liked Emerald Mines more than Boulder Dash (graphics, features and Level Design).

And this clone has Emerald Mines graphics :)

EvilDragon posted on Dec 14 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
I always liked Emerald Mines more than Boulder Dash (graphics, features and Level Design).

Do you know Diamond Caves III ? It's the best one - it is from the original author of Emerald Mines as i know.

AAAHHH that is where I saw those graphics before. Looked familiar, but alot of beer has been through my brain since the Amiga, and I couldn't place it.

I liked Crystal mines II on the Lynx too.

ConsoleTom posted on Dec 15 2004 at 01:56 AM said:

Do you know Diamond Caves III ? It's the best one - it is from the original author of Emerald Mines as i know.

Yes, I love it :)
But it won't run on my GP ;)

Last edited:
Prophet posted on Dec 14 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
To hell with these fancy clones! Play the original Boulderdash - it all started on the Atari 800, and the GP32 Atari 800 emulator is perfect. :)
I reckon this would make a fine addition to the homebrew games we already have - there's no native boulderdash clone for the gp32 as yet.

Looks like the graphics would need scaling down though

frolik posted on Dec 16 2004 at 01:26 AM said:
Prophet posted on Dec 14 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
I reckon this would make a fine addition to the homebrew games we already have - there's no native boulderdash clone for the gp32 as yet.

Looks like the graphics would need scaling down though

No, it wouldn't.
You'd just see a little less of the labyrinth.
The original Emerald Mines for the Amiga was 320x240, the newer clones for the PC just show more labyrinth.

Last edited:
DaveC posted on Dec 15 2004 at 04:55 AM said:
I liked Crystal mines II on the Lynx too.

Nice to see somebody who have played that game :)
Always wanted to know if it worth to buy knowing I'm a fan of the original version of Boulder & that I'm searching some ideas to feed my Lynx ;) can you tell me more DaveC (even in PM if it's too far from the original subject) ? Many thanks :)

oh and by the way a homebrew version on GP would be so great :))

I'm a huge fan of the original Boulderdash, principally on the C64. A while back I bought Boulderdash EX for the GBA - anyone else have this? - It has the classic game in there but also a new version, which if you actually persevere with, isn't half bad. You can do lots of stuff like rotate the playing field which makes all the settled boulders etc fall again and adds a new gameplay twist. A GP32 clone of that version would be good as we can already play the original Boulderdash and clones on emulators.

Oh, and it doesn't work with GPAdvance... :-(

®

Can we all use the Boulderdash Construction Kit on Frodo to make our own caves etc which we could distribute? That would be good, although there are hundreds of ones people have made already floating around...

®

Kinda off topic but there was a game called Trugg on my grade school PCs that was a Boulder Dash clone with nice graphics. It was the closest thing to an action video game we had (they took away Math Rescue!). It wasn't until a month ago that I found out it was a clone of a game called Boulder Dash which I have seen in an AD as Boulder Dash DX for the GBA. I wounder if that works on GPAdvance?

Back