Bor Edit Pack

lizard808uk

Child of the 80s
Website
Visit site
Is there extra special stuff I don't know about that my PC BOR mods don't work on GP32. For example when adding characters etc. the PC version works fine, but on GP32 it says out of memory when loading shadow5.gif? (This is even when I only load one character to begin with). What is the maximum memory for loading one player character in GP32 BOR?

i have a solution but it's so strange.
delete your sprite folder and copy paste the sprite folder of the original bor in your data folder.
( it's a prob of cap.. very strange, i'm on windows2000 and simme guys have prob with winxp )

sames question with models.txt and levels.txt
bor don't find files ..
it's very strange because files are in the good folder :)

I have a similar problem.
When i try to repack a MOD (from Data folder) using packer.exe at my house (PC with win2000) it not run in my gp32 (out of memory... shadow 5 error)
But when i try to repack the SAME Data folder into BOR.pak at my job (PC with Win98) it runs perfecttly in my gp32.
Why? I don't know why... :blink:

Byes!

delete your sprite folder and copy paste the sprite folder of the original bor in your data folder.
But if he wants to replace an old character by a new one. He doesn't want to pack it with the old one...
So it's useless to replace the folder by the the same one because he wants to change it. :)

When i try to repack a MOD (from Data folder) using packer.exe at my house (PC with win2000) it not run in my gp32 (out of memory... shadow 5 error)
But when i try to repack the SAME Data folder into BOR.pak at my job (PC with Win98) it runs perfecttly in my gp32.
It's an os problem.

But if he wants to replace an old character by a new one. He doesn't want to pack it with the old one...
So it's useless to replace the folder by the the same one because he wants to change it.
Sprite folder IS NOT Chars folder.
In sprite folder are some basic sprites for BOR ENGINE (shadows, fonts, arrows and little more).

It's an os problem.
Maybe but i think falken use Win2000 also and he can repack MODS (example Zelda MOD, Turtles MOD) and when i try to repack these i get Shadow error... :(

Can anyone send me a bor.pak that has this shadow fault (or url to download) ? I'd like to find out why. Smaller the pak the better as I only have dial-up.

Once I get my BLU in Spain I'll make my own MODS for you. :D
I put on my site some MODS but I can't check them on GP32 so tell me if they don't work and I'll modyfy them or remove them! :)

I have a theory to why its messing up. I think its down to the "thumbs.db" file that may be unwittingly packed into a BOR pak. I was testing out my parallel port with an old zip drive and said there could be errors with that file and others. I shall do some more testing in XP and report back here.

BOR XP error screenshot

hum i don't think it's that because i have no thumb.db on my folders..; and i have some errors

Back