Bor(e)

look

N/A
Website
www.deardenboys.co.uk
I think the beats of rage stuff is impressive to look at and runs really well and all that.

But I find it terribly boring.

I really don't see the interest in patching it with new graphics when underneath its still the same monotonous slog.

Am I missing something?

We unfortunately are missing something... OpenBOR. :(

It adds a host of new features to the BOR engine (extra moves, attacks, animations, features etc etc), so you can in fact make games seem alot different from each other, but unfortunately it is only available on the PC & Dreamcast at present.

If you try my new Golden Axe demo out (blatant plug there! :rolleyes: ) on the stripped down, original BOR GP32 version, then compare it with the OpenBOR version on PC/DC (you can find it @ Gamikaze.org... another blatant plug! :blink: ), you should [hopefully] see what I mean.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Y'all must play GOR (Taking a leaf out of Funk's book)
Tis not boring!!!!!! You're all missing something!!!!!!!!!
PLAY IT!!!!!!!!
NOW!!!!
YES!!!
NOW!!!!

I gotta agree, it was great at first but all the mods feel the same.

With the exception of yours Goity, which is 100% unique! :)

still it's a nice showpiece

I don´t know about Goits of Rage... I´m not saying it is bad, but since a good part of the fascination of BOR consists (at least for me) in awesome animated sprites, gfx and fast action, i don´t like it much. (maybe i´m just one-sided, but well...).
My favourites are Dragons of Rage ond Alien vs. Predator.

I hear where your coming from saying they all feel the same, but only to a certain extent. If you play Mr Q's Double Dragon Extreme mod (for arguments sake), it does actually feel like you're playing an authentic DD game due to new sound effects & music, different style moves, cutscenes etc. And when you play & compare with other mods (Goldenaxe, GOR, or any other mods that completely change things from the original BOR), I still feel like you are playing a different game altogether. I just personally don't like it when a mod uses the original music & sound effects of BOR, THEN it feels like the same game.
...maybe I'm alone in thinking this!? :blink:

Back