Blu+?

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
Sorry if this has been done, I've tried searching to no avail because "BLU+" is not classed as four letters.

Anyway, the basic question is how much is fixed for the BLU+? Would you say it's quite alright now? To stop more possible clones of this thread this could perhaps be pinned until the problem is entirely fixed. I'm really not sure how much has been fixed I just keep seeing threads saying "<insert game title here> doesn't work".

PS I put it in the "I need help" forum because I didn't want to create a stir on the main part of the forums.

Thanks in advance

-Tom

Its hard to say, more and more things are being fixed, and its up to blu+ owners to mention the bugs as soon as possible.

About half of the games with blu+ issues have been fixed from the adic 2004.
I personally think the screen is beautiful, but you might have to wait several weeks for a patched version of some games.

Things as popular as Giana Sisters and Doom haven't been patched yet, though.

Its hard to say, more and more things are being fixed, and its up to blu+ owners to mention the bugs as soon as possible.

About half of the games with blu+ issues have been fixed from the adic 2004.
I personally think the screen is beautiful, but you might have to wait several weeks for a patched version of some games.

Things as popular as Giana Sisters and Doom haven't been patched yet, though.
Are most (all?) emulators ok?
SCUMMVM?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't they fix castaway yet? or was that just a 'one line off' bug?

as for doom - come on, craig! get yer finger out!

EDIT: I think frodo might be fixed too. don't really know about any of these, though.. (I have a FLU)

didn't they fix castaway yet?  or was that just a 'one line off' bug?

EDIT:  I think frodo might be fixed too.  don't really know about any of these, though.. (I have a FLU)

Well Craig said that he would release the source to doom so someone could fix it. So if you are a coder and want to take it on, get the source and fix it. The gamma needs correction for the BLU too as it is set too high (washed out blacks). There has to be someone here that can code that could fix Doom, I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard.

Castaway and Frodo were fixed.

I think the BLU+ is the way the gp is and will be for the future. There won't be any fix, coz they change the producer surely for a gud reason and the games made by gamepark are not really affected but only the homebrewn stuff. So don't hope much for a fix. The taiwan producer won't re engineer his whole screen for few hard core gamer complaining. Shibuya and liksang are both out of stock. Hope that the production did not stop, i want my gp32_console BLU or BLU+

Yes I know, I don't have GCC set up on my new laptop or even have the source on here plus i am working about 16 hours a day at gbax.

I will put the source online, or i will find the last version which worked (v8 final) I don't know what has happened to it as it used to be online. I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry! I swear I will *try* to sort it out at the weekend.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I think the BLU+ is the way the gp is and will be for the future. There won't be any fix, coz they change the producer surely for a gud reason and the games made by gamepark are not really affected but only the homebrewn stuff. So don't hope much for a fix. The taiwan producer won't re engineer his whole screen for few hard core gamer complaining. Shibuya and liksang are both out of stock. Hope that the production did not stop, i want my gp32_console BLU or BLU+

It is not just a few gamers complaining it is all of the stores that sell (or used to sell) the BLUs, plus all of the customers that return them etc. So there are probably three scenarios:

Gamepark has closed down and there won't be any units made again.

Gamepark is fixing the "bug" so there is a delay of production until they can fix it.

They are behind and when they are released they will still have the dodgy screens.

So basically no one knows what the hell is going on.

didn't they fix castaway yet? or was that just a 'one line off' bug?

EDIT: I think frodo might be fixed too. don't really know about any of these, though.. (I have a FLU)

Well Craig said that he would release the source to doom so someone could fix it. So if you are a coder and want to take it on, get the source and fix it. The gamma needs correction for the BLU too as it is set too high (washed out blacks). There has to be someone here that can code that could fix Doom, I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard.

Castaway and Frodo were fixed.

Personally, I'm not bothered if it' gets fixed or not - like I said, I've got a FLU. and if it's so easy, surely it's not such a huge request to ask craig to do it... he's a major seller of GP32s in the UK, and DOOM is quite a big selling point.

Yes I know, I don't have GCC set up on my new laptop or even have the source on here plus i am working about 16 hours a day at gbax.

I will put the source online, or i will find the last version which worked (v8 final) I don't know what has happened to it as it used to be online. I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry! I swear I will *try* to sort it out at the weekend.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I didn't mean it as an angry "fucking hell, craig! fix it! :-||", more like a "Haway, man! I thought you would've done it by now!"

(I'm a mackem :p )

erm... were the sources included in the zip files before? I might have some lying about my harddrive...

Ahwell, in the meantime, get Doom V8, plays pretty well and runs on BLU+.

Found it still lying around on my harddisk and just uploaded it (if just someone had informed me earlier, that this version still works...)

Back