Blu+ Battery Issue?

alyinsanfran

Website
Visit site
Not sure about this, but my blu+ seems to be very touchy as to what batteries it likes. I installed Duracell Coppertops when I got it, as the batteries it came with wouldn't fire it up. Worked a charm, and I got a long life out of them. When it ran them down it was a matter of seconds from screen flicker to screen turning off. In with another 2 Duracells, same long life, same run-down, all good. This time I tried 2 (new) Energizers, but after a few seconds the screen started flickering like a tv with bad horizontal and vertical hold. I could see the game through the flickering but it was unplayable. I tried a couple of (new) some other brand and got the same problem.
Went and bought some Duracells, and it's fine now.
No idea as to whether its just a blu+ issue or whether this is common across blu/flu etc as well, but if anyone else sees their screen flickering at high speed when they know they've got good batteries in it, it would be worth trying different brands. Obviously I'd recommend Duracells.

my normal blu has prblems with a lot of the brand name batteries..

like Wegmans Wal-Mart etc.

alyinsanfran posted on Feb 7 2005 at 08:18 PM said:
Not sure about this, but my blu+ seems to be very touchy as to what batteries it likes. I installed Duracell Coppertops when I got it, as the batteries it came with wouldn't fire it up. Worked a charm, and I got a long life out of them. When it ran them down it was a matter of seconds from screen flicker to screen turning off. In with another 2 Duracells, same long life, same run-down, all good. This time I tried 2 (new) Energizers, but after a few seconds the screen started flickering like a tv with bad horizontal and vertical hold. I could see the game through the flickering but it was unplayable. I tried a couple of (new) some other brand and got the same problem.
Went and bought some Duracells, and it's fine now.
No idea as to whether its just a blu+ issue or whether this is common across blu/flu etc as well, but if anyone else sees their screen flickering at high speed when they know they've got good batteries in it, it would be worth trying different brands. Obviously I'd recommend Duracells.
I have a flu and I also had flickering problems (after an hour or so), but after a week or two everything was fine :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Blu+ a few days ago and used the batteries that came with it. Last night to my suprise while I was playing, the screen started flickering a bit. Eventually it got to the point of when I loaded a game, it would hang and stop.

I put in some new duracells in it, and it solved the problems.

My question, is does this happen each time the batteries get low?

Thraka posted on Feb 7 2005 at 11:34 PM said:
I got my Blu+ a few days ago and used the batteries that came with it. Last night to my suprise while I was playing, the screen started flickering a bit. Eventually it got to the point of when I loaded a game, it would hang and stop.

I put in some new duracells in it, and it solved the problems.

My question, is does this happen each time the batteries get low?
Yep, Pretty much, That the GP32`s version of the battery monitor. :p

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Rayovac IC-3 batteries in my BLU and they work fine. When they do go though they go fast, like 15 seconds between flicker and reset.

Back