Blender Port

Yes, good luck. :)

And don't forget to use the latest 2.46 build of Blender, has more features and could give some bits of better performance here and there compared to the older versions.

Are you proposing a direct port or something with a modified UI.

Maybe something stripped down would be workable on the Pandora's resolution and you could just have a custom UI sitting on standard blender.

Interesting project because we are seeing the Blender game engine getting some serious games these days. (although porting the game engine will be harder than just porting blender)

If you do modify the UI don't destroy it with stupid menus. Blender is a very fast modeller BECAUSE its keyboard driven. Blender already has 'multiple workspaces', maby you could simply remove the tiling and switch between windows using the l/r shoulder buttons.

This is awesome. I'll definitely want Blender on Pandora, even if it's just to open a quick model and view it in there. Some light 3D modeling would be even better. Do you think you'll be keeping the format largely the same as the standard version?

oh crap, my mistake. I thought that was august 2009. facepalm. sorry about that!

Back