Black case 1GHZ subtle mod.

Stainy

Advanced Member
So I got my black case from Ed just before Xmas. Was in the states till two days ago.
Got round to changing out the silver for the black...

Then I had an idea...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357857151.055913.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357857165.751776.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357857179.012048.jpg

Neat huh?

Edit: mod not mode :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks sweet in black with silver detailing, perhaps you should stencil the raised Pandora logo on the lid in silver. Is it the old style less resilient plastic, or a respray of the usual 1Ghz casing?

I do know what you mean but with two small kids i'll take resilience over style. 

Very cool!,

Before my Black cased rebirth unit starting cracking, I was planning on seeing if I could just purchase 1GHZ board outright and put it into that case.

I'll have a fancy 1Ghz unit soon, I need to promptly file my tax return this year...

hey it looks very nice and stylish with the mixed-up case!  :)

I remember seeing some concept art with Pandora styled like all different retro computers - Amiga, ST, and yes even BBC!

I'd like to find that again.

Looks very nice ! =D

I have had the same idea the opposite way around :lol:

(silver case with black L / R buttons, the black battery cover and the black stylus)

But i have changed it back to silver only again.

Sometimes i wish we would have more colors available to choose from. ^^

EDIT : hey we could add a poll to this, just to find out which colors would be prefered by the ppl

(but actually i have no idea how to add something like this to a post)

Or was that already discussed before ? :wacko:

Since yesterday my Pandora has a black Pandora logo.

(and a second pair of black shoulder buttons. But that's already known.)

I wasnt really satisfied with my combination of silver - back in the end as well.

Thats why i have changed back to silver only after all. :)

But I will try something with that "old" rebirth casing i still have left around here somewhere.

@askarus : do you have a picture of that black colored pandora sign somewhere ?

I am wondering how it looks like :) *getting the air brush ready*

EDIT : ah okay "dmarschal" already posted one, thanks !

I have one with black base, buttons and battery cover, but silver lid and stylus. I had to get my screen replaced, and had arranged for ED to send me a new lid so I could swap it out myself. The silver cases became available before ED could process the request so on a whim I had him send me a silver one instead of a black one. See attached images. :)

- Neelix

12012013017.png

12012013023.png

12012013030.png

Back