Bittorrent

loz_the_guru

i cant think of a good custom member title. Sugges
Website
Visit site
firstly sorry for being gay and asking loads of torrents about bittorrent, its not that im a n00b (or at least not a bad one), it just never bloody works!!! Ive got the upload thing sorted, but now it just wont download!!! my share rating is way over 3, and ive uploaded more than the total file size (which is over 2.5 gig), and it still insists on downloading at about 2-3k a sec. Any ideas? Im still using BitTornado. P.S im not a homophobe.

Last edited by a moderator:
BitTorrent isn't used exclusively for illegal downloads :p

Ensure the correct ports are open for incoming connections on your machine. If you have XP SP2, then all incoming connections are rejected by default.

BTW, I normally get 60kb/sec after a few minutes at 2kb/sec (ie, when it's connected to enough people).

Hmmm, 2.5gb. Your not trying to download half life 2 by any chance are you? Waste of bandwidth if you are... Just buy it, lot easier.

are you getting any NAT problems?

and also some ports are caped but the one Im using isn't atleast my friend said it isn't

...... waits for Azureus loads (takes forever when you leave all your torrents open)

2348 is the port Im using that isn't capped make sure you open it in your router

also make sure you have UDP client enabled

also make sure you have it optimised the DSL modem has forget what is but my upload limit is 10 kB/s and I get 20-60 kB/s

My mom calls it an instant Trojan. :D  :p

well you just need to know a good trustworthy site thats all. all of the sits I go to are good

and if you are worried just scan the files after

not one of the 80+ torrents I've dled aren't infected

I don't use it anyways. :) I Donn't watch any movies or anything. only on the T.V.
So... any..ways...ZZZZZZZZZZ :eek: HUH! Oh sorry I fell asleep. hahahahahaha :lol: :blink:

Try changing the ports your Bittorrent client uses, as some ISPs put caps on ports used by p2p programs. I set my bittorrent client to ports 49152 to 49162 and my download speed shot up.

Back