Bitcoins

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
So just because I felt oddly adventurous, I built CpuMiner for the Pandora. Technically I built it for the BeagleBoard but it works on the Pandora once I had all the libraries in place. PND forthcoming, it requires no small number of additional libraries.

So, who wants to start a Pandora pool? If I've done the math right (which I probably haven't, I'm a little drunk, which may also explain why I chose to try and get the miner going in the first place :p ) by my estimates we should be able to mine one block every 30'000 Pandora years. Let the good times roll. ;)

Maybe disguise it as a cpu speed test, and you might get some people to run it a few times overnight :)

Ive seen the figures from some arm cpus on the btc hardware comparison chart. What figures do you get out of your pandora and the 1ghz edition

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU miners have never been worth using on desktop computers. Maybe if someone attached a PCIEx16 interface onto the Pandora.

CPU miners have never been worth using on desktop computers. Maybe if someone attached a PCIEx16 interface onto the Pandora.
Thats not true. Btc and ltc both started out on cpus and adopted to gpus. Gpus are now being shown the door ready for asic. Which will shoot difficulty through the roof and leave gpu mining in the dust

Ltc is still decent on cpu due to diffixulty

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thats not true. Btc and ltc both started out on cpus and adopted to gpus. Gpus are now being shown the door ready for asic. Which will shoot difficulty through the roof and leave gpu mining in the dust

Ltc is still decent on cpu due to diffixulty

Oh. Well then I'll go try to figure out what ASIC is so I can understand.

Pretty much the next big thing in btc mining. Its like fpga, in that it uses less power than gpus, but produces a rediculous amount of gh/s. bASIC will release in december and are offering 27gh/s(27000mh/s) for $699. However theres more to the story and more than i care to write on a phone. Have a google and youll see what i mean. Its going to be interesting and ill have to retire my rig when its out, as gpu mining will no longer be profitable sadly.

I made the discovery that ATI has basically dropped OpenCL support from Linux, so unless you want to boot into Windows CPU is the only thing you can do with such a setup. I should get an nvidia card anyway, the video I'm using now is pretty bunk.

Anywho, at 500mhz I was getting 140Khashes/s. Overclocked to 850Mhz it was getting 250Khashes. For most things I can usually overclock to 1Ghz, or at least 950Mhz, but for this I'm freezing up at 900Mhz. This is on an old CC 256MB machine; I doubt a 1Ghz will do perceptibly better other than the linear increase that comes with more cycles. If I'm ever feeling REALLY adventurous and want to waste my time, I might finally figure out how to use the DSP and see if it can be used to crack hashes. ;)

But even if it can be doubled, what's 500K hashes against a desktop cranking out dozens of Mhashes, or a well built gaming rig pushing Ghashes?

Still, I did make a few matches last night. I'm statistically on pace to make 20 cents per year at the current exchange rate from the pool I joined. :p

Back