BioShock (iOS version)

No interest in the game itself (on iOS), but I'm interested about their pricing policy and how it will turn out.

No interest in the game itself (on iOS), but I'm interested about their pricing policy and how it will turn out.

I wonder how the controls will be. 
41Dk7zgI1KL._SL500_SS120_.jpg

Are there really people out there, that want to play BioShock on a touchscreen device? I can't imagine that you can have a good time playing it on a capacitive touchscreen. Same thing with GTA San Andreas. I once tried a GTA clone on an ios device. I played it for about 10 minutes, than i just wished i had proper controls.
Even something as simple as typing a text makes me go crazy on a touchscreen. I think that these type of games are just a gimmick.

Oh good, at least. But they did say that they will optimise the game for touchscreen controls, so the game is also intended to be played with the touchscreen.

It is still quite impressive (even if, for me pretty useless) to see those things running on a smartphone. Now i wonder if it uses the technologies that apple showed at the last wwdc (metal and swift). I also wonder on which apple hardware it will run. 

Yes, maybe on an iPad and with a controller you can enjoy the game.

Graphically, the iOS version is pretty shit.

Would have been better on ANDROID.

Oh good, at least. But they did say that they will optimise the game for touchscreen controls, so the game is also intended to be played with the touchscreen.
I would never know because I don't like using the touchscreen for games like this.

I think they made it only for ios, because they basically would have to port it twice (Android and ios versions). Also Android is pretty fragmented (different versions, manufacturer modifications) so it would be more work to support it on Android.

Nice, I love the PC Version, great game! What are the recommended system specs for the iOS port?

And if it ever comes to Android, could it run onto the Pandora/Pyra (assuming that Android will work onto the Pyra).

Are there really people out there, that want to play BioShock on a touchscreen device? I can't imagine that you can have a good time playing it on a capacitive touchscreen. Same thing with GTA San Andreas. I once tried a GTA clone on an ios device. I played it for about 10 minutes, than i just wished i had proper controls. Even something as simple as typing a text makes me go crazy on a touchscreen. I think that these type of games are just a gimmick.
Sadly, there is a new generation of gamers who ONLY know touchscreen controls. I can't ever see getting the most out of Bioshock with touch controls, but there are many who won't care. Yes, you can sinc a controller, but the original game can be had cheap, so I see no reason to get this UNLESS you plan to play with the touch controls, otherwise what's the point? Look, I'm playing Bioshock on my Apple device. WHO THE F**K CARES! :p

There are billions being made on cheap Android and ios games, and most have piss poor controls, so I will never be getting this, but I'm sure this will sale very well. The casual market is just that, casual.

Go physical, or go home ;)

Chris

It's the only way to play it handheld.
Yeah, but is it really handheld without proper controls, or with a huge controller connected to a tablet(playing a detailed game like this would be pretty useless on a iphone)? The Shield portable is about as big as I would consider handheld gaming. Unless this is coming to Vita or Android at some point, I doubt I'll get to play it.

Chris

Sorry for the dublè posté >_<

"BioShock for iOS will expectedly be compatible only with newer iOS hardware. The list of devices includes iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air, iPad 4, and iPad mini 2."

http://blog.gsmarena.com/pricing-availability-bioshock-ios-emerge/

iPhone 4/4s have been left out! Probably needs 1GB of RAM, minimum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there really people out there, that want to play BioShock on a touchscreen device? I can't imagine that you can have a good time playing it on a capacitive touchscreen. Same thing with GTA San Andreas. I once tried a GTA clone on an ios device. I played it for about 10 minutes, than i just wished i had proper controls. Even something as simple as typing a text makes me go crazy on a touchscreen. I think that these type of games are just a gimmick.
Sadly, there is a new generation of gamers who ONLY know touchscreen controls. I can't ever see getting the most out of Bioshock with touch controls, but there are many who won't care. Yes, you can sinc a controller, but the original game can be had cheap, so I see no reason to get this UNLESS you plan to play with the touch controls, otherwise what's the point? Look, I'm playing Bioshock on my Apple device. WHO THE F**K CARES! :p

There are billions being made on cheap Android and ios games, and most have piss poor controls, so I will never be getting this, but I'm sure this will sale very well. The casual market is just that, casual.

Go physical, or go home ;)

Chris
I like going physical... *grin*

Back