Biomaker challenge - 2017

sm0kew0n

Very Active Member
Hi,

I had a fun lecture today about synthetic biology, this field of the science is becoming increasingly important to help alleviate our growing populations challenges for the future. I particularly enjoyed the new use of 'Phytobricks' a standardised syntax for programming DNA for automated packaging and distribution.

We were also invited to join the Biomaker challenge, details here, a programme for teams to develop cheap, open source biological tools and sensors. They send you an arduino based starter kit and have access to a 3D printer etc. Why am I posting this here? Well, my ears pricked up when they said that team members don't have to be students and the whole point of the challenge is that problems are solved by interdisciplinary teams. So, knowing that these forums are filled with clever tinkerers, programmers, makers and ideas men/women I thought I would open up a discussion.

I am going to try and get on a team, if your'e interested maybe you could join me, if you live near Norwich/Cambridge UK even better. Ideas welcome!

Cheers!

Back