Bigger Screen For Gp32 Consoles?

Doncal

Still Fresh
Hi people,

Does anyone know if they are ever going to bring out a console with a bigger screen?

Ive got a Tytn phone which apparently? has the same size screen, but trying to read PDF documents or watch video is a mission.

sam fisher said:
really doubt your phone has a 3.5inch display mate. that would be one huge phone!
pcphone.gif

If I'll ever need to buy a phone, it'll be like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
really doubt your phone has a 3.5inch display mate. that would be one huge phone!
Take a look http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2006/3443.htm

You're right my phone is pretty big, but as big as it is, I cant read pdfs with it without having to scroll around alot which makes it pretty unusable for me.

The screens are both about the same size, Id like to know if the gp32x screens will get any bigger...

Well the screen on the gp2x is 3.5 inches and the one on your phone is only 2.8 inches so it is bigger. The resolution though is the same. I can't really imagine how you could make the screen much bigger as the whole unit would also need to be larger and the point of a handheld is that it needs to be portable.

ruckage said:
Well the screen on the gp2x is 3.5 inches and the one on your phone is only 2.8 inches so it is bigger. The resolution though is the same. I can't really imagine how you could make the screen much bigger as the whole unit would also need to be larger and the point of a handheld is that it needs to be portable.
Apparently an XGP was in the works with a 4" screen and resolution of 480 x 272.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XGP

Unfortunately it was canned when Gamepark went bankrupt :(

WarmFluffyUK said:
I think you need something like this.

Id love one, its out of my price range though.

Can anyone tell me what its like reading pdfs \ docs on the GP2x?

Or provide screen shots even?

Thanks.

I doubt there'll be another gp32 revision with gamepark gone. since gp2x has video out it might be a decent bet for modding. it should be a fairly simple task to take one with a broken screen and make it as large as you'd like.

Back