Big, Ugly, Maroon "aux" On My Tv.

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Well, I just got a TV from a hotel that was getting rid of their old CRTs. I've managed to get into the setup menu that you're not supposed to get into and enabled switching channels and input. My TV is supposed to have a radio function, but mine doesn't seem to be working; it just plays audio from the input in the back.

Anyway, while the TV is in input mode, accepting input from my NES, for example, there's a huge maroon "AUX" caption in the top right corner of the screen. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It's a real nuisance because it blocks my score in certain games. When I press Enter on the remote, it is replaced by an annoying red box that says the same information (and something else, can't remember) and is about the same size. I've gone through all of the settings and messed around with them.

How I got into the setup menu:
By holding down the menu key in my remote (which I had to take the front cover off to access the menu and select buttons) until the menu closed, then typing "9, 8, 7, 6, enter" on the remote.

The TV is a Zenith Concierge series. On the back it has an RF input, composite video with mono audio, speaker output, and an empty space for a "Super Port" (what the heck is that?)

Iorgy77 said:
the remote probably has a disp button for the on screen display.

No, the remote is really basic; It doesn't have anything like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as how it's been in a hotel room for probably years the channel it's been tuned to being 'AUX' and that being displayed permanently!

It sounds like the crt has 'burn-in' - maroon being opposite green (the usual colour of channel display things) The green phosphor being worn.

not sure if there's much you can do to get rid apart from magnets, displaying white screens and google

Oh! And cross your fingers too ;)

whew! I finally got it to go away! There was a setting called "Ghost channel" or something. I found a manual online and that helped me figure out what all of the settings did.

I do notice a bit of burn-in in the center of the screen... wait, maybe a lot, like a dinner plate. I only notice it when the screen is completely black and I lean close to the unit.

Back