Big Buttons On Mplayer

Pleng

While messing about with gnome-mplayer from the command line in order to debug my webcam's naughty behavior, I found the command line option --large_buttons. Using this gives you nice, finger friendly touchable buttons. Is there any way this can be set as default? Or does the Pandora have an aliases list where one could alias gnome-mplayer with gonme-mplayer --large_buttons?

You can specify aliases in the ~/.bashrc file like this:

gnome-mplayer="gnome-mplayer --large_buttons"

After editing you have to source it. Either run ". .bashrc" or logout and in again.

But I am sure you could set it in the config. You probably find it somewhere in ~/.config

Is that only going to affect it when running from Bash? Or will that also make the menu link open with the command-line option big_buttons?

Yes, that is bash-only. Try to find the config file. I remember seeing some gnome related things in the main mplayer config too (~/.mplayer/config).

Is it possible to simply add these commands in the shortcut options like you can do so in Windows ("target" line )? Or does this not work this wayin Linux?

fusion_power said:
Is it possible to simply add these commands in the shortcut options like you can do so in Windows ("target" line )? Or does this not work this wayin Linux?

Yeah. Because Mplayer is on the NAND you can modify the menu launchers. PND entries are auto generated.

You can do it for PNDs too actually, but it's more work.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also edit ~/.profile instead of ~/.bashrc, so it's part of your session's env.

there's a .mplayer directory in your home directory that has a config file. I'm not sure the exact syntax for adding the large buttons, though :(

Back