Best Western RPGs?

Love all of these, but there's a special place in my heart for Wizardry 8,7,6 :)

It's the only context in the world you can safely call a ninja a fairy :)

Wizardry series, msot (or all) opf them let you load party from previous game; heck, Win 6/7/8 had different begin and endings, and tied game to game.

But it was really nice of them to.. in Wiz 8 (which came out +10+ years after Wiz 7, about 6 years delayed by publishing problems) to let you load party from Wiz 7, with a special note included in the manual thanking the customers for their patience and perserverence.

Wiz 7 has got to be one of the _longest_ RPGs of all time. I remember racing out of work (I worked a couple 20 hour shifts, then had rest of week off) and playing straight for 3-4 days, 10+ hours a day, for a whole summer to beat the damned thing; in the end, I used a cheat editor to rush through ti a bit, just couldn't take it anymore. I _still_ have the hand drawn paper maps (this was an oldschool gma,e pre-mapper days.) Like 30 pages of graph paper :p

jeff

How about a Holiday Inn RPG,Howard Johnson RPG, Radisson Inn RPG or perhaps Motel 6 RPG?

Did anyone else think of the Hotel chain when reading the title?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else think of the Hotel chain when reading the title?
Yes, LOL.

It also reminded me of the Tales of Phantasia fan-translation where they named the village inns after various western hotels.

Lol, it occurred to me later, but I didnt' want to stir the pot.

Best Western - the RPG

Its 1am, the rum and lime is plentiful, but ice is low! Talk to your quest hub trainer to find the location.,

jeff

Nethack... no further discussion necessary. :)
+1. Discovered nethack some time late last century - and despite playing pretty much non-stop ever since - I'm still a n00b.

If work knew how much they have been paying me to play it lately I'd be out of a job.

One of my "things to do before I die" is to ascend... haven't got even close yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back