Best Proxy Software

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
A while back i received a couple of letters from the MPAA that were take down notices for a few films i had d/l off emule and was sharing on my computer.

I download quite a few gp related things from emule (use your imagination) and want a way of achieving anoniminty.

Someone suggested to me using proxy software to mask my i.p. address.

Do any of use currently use any, im specifically looking for some software to hide my identity with emule, not during day to day web surfing (doing nothing illegal there).

Any help you could give would be great.

tah

I have used p2p software before and have never had anything like that?
I have norton firewall though, could that stop it as I click block to everything.
Anyway anyform of IP changing is illegal I believe.

Im sorry, but to my knowledge it would be impossible/extremely slow to use emule over a proxy. And as you need special ports for emule, you would have to buy a proxy. So no luck for you.
You could try .torrents or overnet or whatever though, maybe they offer some anonymous-features. I don't know what you want to load, but if you are searching for roms and music, .torrents are ideal and music only can be loaded with many different apps.

i have started using torrents for DBZ eps, but they arent good for roms, well not that ive seen. i have a dynamic IP does this mean i wont get one of these letters?

Cheers for the heads up, guess i'll just have to get my films in legitimate ways

*looks into online DVD rental and the possibility of ripping those...*

anyway

As it stands at the moment, the american film association or RIAA or whoever monitor worldwide traffic, as they have no power in britain or europe (yet) when they find someone sharing films or games or music or anything, they send a nice take down notice to your ISP instructing them that they are hosting illegal files, technically of course, they are! Rather than bow down to US pressure, BT merely forwards the issue onto to the user for them to deal with, if the illegal material still isnt removed, despite having no durisdiction the groups can put enough pressure on your telco to have your account terminated and your phone and address blacklisted so that NO isp will take you on.

Whether you have dynamic or static IP or whatever, you will be found out. Your isp keeps a record of everytime you log on and which IP you are assigned, when they receive a complaint, its as simple as an excel search for them to find the culprit!

Regarding Norton of McAfee or any other firewall for that matter, it does what its deisgned to, keep out intruders and malware from open ports and from installing onto your harddrive. It does not however mask your IP in anyway or stop the man from viewing what you are downloading, be it over fasttrack, enap or whatever! Only a proxy will bounce your IP around so that, with the proper software, it is impossible to find your identity.

Jebus that was lenghty, but im bored and its sunday.

Be warned guys... the man is watching you <_<

If i was you i would check www.filesharingtalk.com they are all very sprted on that site about how to approach filesharing.

i rip DVD's from an online DVD renatl store with a progam called DVDshrink....

everything you want to know about this is all on filesharingtalk.com

So you want to do some spoofing using a proxy. You don't seems to know how it works so here is the explanation :
To spoof your adress you need an external proxy or a bouncing capable host. Here is the first problem, you need a machine with a different ip address than yours, and it mustn't allow to trace up to you nor do logging. But there aren't many means to do that, because if you do anything illegal with this ip, the ip owner will pay for you. However you can find lists of anonymous proxyes on many websites. But you cannot know if they do some logging which would allow to find you. There's another solution, but is hacking some people's computer really a solution? I don't think so....
But there is a major issue, your download/upload/ping performances will suffer a heavy slowdown, depending on the location of the proxy, the ressources of the proxy. So in the end, you will suffer from timeouts, lost packets, gigantic pings, ....

So to conclude, stop dreaming, guy. It's quite impossible to be anonymous on the internet without trouble.

Yep, Keep getting then myself. :rolleyes:
Plus an acceptable use **3rd infringment notice** :angry:
I showed a mate these mails and he freaked, He`s with Blueyonder and does not get anything like this. I`m with BT and i do. :blink:

Trooper

Apparently depends on which ISP you're with. You probably still get them sent to your ISP, but some ISPs have a policy of not passing things on to their customers as they regard it as an infringement of privicy. I know Pipex just chuck them in the bin as soon as they get them :p.

Back