Best/notable Atari 800 Games

Empyre

*w00t*
Website
www.gp2xdev.co.uk
I loved my Atari 800xl when I was a kid, it was the precursor to the Amiga and knocked spots off the C64, if only it had more support in europe it would have been the top system of the 80's.

I've been trying to find new gems in my rom collection to play on the gp32_console but there are so many I'm a bit lost.

Here is my current fave list. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Archon
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
Bruce Lee
Chop Suey
Dan Strikes Back
Drelbs
Dropzone
Kennedy Approach
Mercenary
Miner 2049er
Rescue on Fractalus
Star Raiders
The Eidolon
Zybex

Joust, HERO, Boulder Dash I&II, Carvania, Int. Karate, Blue Max, Draconus, Druid, Laser Hawk, Mirax Force, Moon Patrol, Missle Command, Pengo, Plastron, Transmuter, Schreckenstein, Screaming Wings, Star Raiders II, The Brundles ...

And the best Game in the last years is "Dyna Blaster". But its two player only so its useless for your GP32. But its worth a try on you real hardware!

encounter
flip & flop
slinky
rainbow walker
action biker
alley cat
bc's quest for tires
boulderdash construction kit
bristles
bruce lee
cohen's towers
donkey kong
elektra glide (looker with great tune, crap game)
f-15 strike eagle
ghost chaser
ghostbusters
gyruss
hard hat mack
choplifter
jet boot jack
jumpman
karateka
leader board golf
lode runner
lode runner 3d
master of the lamps
montezuma's revenge
mouse trap
mr robot and his robot factory
mr do
oils well
pastfinder
pharaohs curse
pitstop 1 & 2
pogo joe
pooyan
q-bert
qix
raid over moscow
beach head
snookie
sun star
star raiders
the goonies
the train game
the last starfighter / star raiders 2
the scrolls of abadon
wavy navy
zorro

plus the ones you have said and others i can't recal......... <_<

fantastic lists, as I worked down them, I was thinking I'd add somehow add HERO and Flip & Flop, but the others got there first.

As well the A800 being one of the best 8-bit machines I think the A800 Emulator is of the best emulators on GP32, its a cracking bit of code . .I sooo hope there'll be an A800 emu for the GP2x as well!

I'll print this and load 'em up for the train tmo :)

Pogoman, check it. This was one of the first games I ever played. I dreamed about this game when I was young. It may not be the best game yet I like it.

I think you guys should add a little about each game..

like at least what kind of game it is

Blue Max

^ My friend and I would play that game for hours at a clip. It plays a bit like Zaxxon, as fas as its isometric-view, only it's not as frantic.

You pilot a bi-plane equipped with a Machine Gun and some bombs. You go about shooting at enemy bi-planes and dropping bombs on various targets; tanks, bridges, ships, cars, etc.

It's very simple and fun; perfect for hand-held gaming in short bursts :D

Back