Best Neo-Geo Games

macsimus

First of all, for the 2d fighter :

- Fatal Fury series, including Real Bout series and Mark of the Wolves

- The King of Fighters series 'til 98, and perhaps 2002 too. if only one : The king of fighters 98

- The last Blade 1 and 2

- Samurai Shodown series (3 and 4 are awesome)

- The Art of Fighting 1 and 2

Then :

- Metal Slug series (shoot and jump)

- Last resort (shmup)

- Viewpoint (shmup -- false isometric 3d)

- Windjammer (Frisbee :) very fun)

Feel free to complete this small list ;)

Kisses

Mac

yeah? i never played that..

i'll try it some day

thanks for the suggestion !

Mac

Blue's Journey - Platformer - A solid-enough (and very difficult) platform game, with support for two players simultaneously (you can even carry the other player), and an interesting size-changing ability. Full of cute touches, such as seeing stage enemies happily chatting to each other while you're out of their field of vision. What makes it especially memorable is its incredibly poor translation work, which adds a whole dimension of unintended humour to the game. The game even occasionally misspells the name of its own hero as "Bule". (This game is also known as Raguy.)

• League Bowling - You might not think it's a good game by looking at it's title, but league bowling is actually a very fun bowling game when you have two players.
  • Metal Slug - the original - and the rest of the games in the series - are all amazing. Fun gameplay reminiscent of games like contra. It has grenades, shotguns, rocket launchers, machine guns, and flamethrowers. The game has tons of humor, Huge bosses, and epic side-scrolling action complete with tanks. The later games feature Tanks, Airplanes, Genetically altered machine-gun camels, Gun turrets, lazer beams, and shark-shaped bombs on wheels. What's not to love!
  • Magical Drop II - This game is a VERY good puzzle game in which you have to make vertical rows of 3 or more colored balloons. You grab balloons and throw them using a little jester-looking character, and there are powerups and helpful items along the way. It's a great game to play either alone, in puzzle mode, or with someone else.
  • Super Dodge Ball - Action-oriented dodgeball game. It's really better than it sounds, and even has special moves. It's like street fighter meets dodgeball.

Puzzle Bobble: A puzzle game using the Bubble Bobble dinosaurs.

Baseball Stars: Baseball!

Sengoku: Side scrolling beat-em-up

haha, the double dragon video with french subtitles..

but how did you figure i was french ?? Is my english that bad ??!! :)

Mac

Don't miss Neo Turf Masters, greatest golf game in the history of gaming.

Anyone got this working correctly on Pandora? On my version the shot power seems to be applied wrongly and impossibly long drives result.

As for good games not mentioned above then how about :

Neo Drift out.

Zupapa.

- The King of Fighters series 'til 98, and perhaps 2002 too. if only one : The king of fighters 98
I totally Agree about this game out of all the king of fighters games I played (cos I'm a street fighter fan so don't normally play KOF) this was the one I enjoyed the most, well apart from kof99 because of k' is an awesome character :) and I like his story of having Kyu's DNA injected into him.

I haven't played it in ages though and probably wont be able to play it on Pandora anyway cos I like to use arcade sticks which I don't carry around with me like my Pandora plus if I did the screen is too small when using the stick.

yeah kof'98 ftw !!

actually, it's the exact opposite for me : back in the days, i used to play with arcade stick on arcade/neogeo, then i played too much with the neogeo cd pad, and after that, since year 2000 i think, with the decline of arcade and the progressive disappearing of arcades in the bars around my place, i only played occasionally with old friends, mostly with emus and pc pads..

Then i visited my cousin in Paris last month (10 000 km trip :) ), and of course we went to a retro game shop with arcade machines and kof 98 : I sucked badly with the sticks :(

It seems it's now more easy for me to play with pads..

fu**k, I want to go back in the early 90's, best time in recent history of humanity :p

Kisses

Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
recently got myself some cool arcade sticks. It's just a matter of days till you feel comfy with them.

NeoGeo is one of my favourites. My favourite game for it is metal slug 3

Much like the TruboGrafx/PC Engine, the Neo-Geo is another system with a "charm" about it.

My favorites,

Art Of Fighting 3

Baseball Stars 2

2020 Super Baseball

Windjammers

Samurai Showdown IV

Metal Slug(s)

Neo Bomberman & Panic Bomber

Neo Turf Masters

Puzzle Bobble

League Bowling

Street Hoop

NeoGeo my favourite console ever right where do we start

Shooters

blazing star (my favourite)

strikers 1945 plus

pulstar

ghost pilots

shock troopers

metal slug 1,2,3,x

nam 1975

platformers

magician lord

nightmare in the dark

top hunter

zupapa

puzzle

puzzle bobble series

magical drop series

gururin(very addictive)

misc

alpha mission 2

viewpoint

neo turf masters (best 2d golf game ever)

fighters

king of fighters 98

samurai showdown (any one except 3)

garou mark of the wolves

last blade 1,2

ninja masters

to many more to say easily the best arcade hardware platform ever!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back