Ben Heckendorn ?

Mqark

Website
www.konixmultisystem.com
Just wondering if himself or any of the guys that mod in his spirit are aware of the Pandora or have one and are in the middle of hacking, painting, smearing in bondo and rubbing down etc.

Maybe they're going to mod one into a toaster or a NES...

This is just meant to be a fun thread to discuss wild Pandora mods that really may happen - don't get all pompus on us :p .

craigix said:
I sort of want to put one in to a ZX Spectrum. You could put 4 USB ports down the back of it too.

Could you run a Pandora without the LCD screen connected, or would it throw a complete paddy at the idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mqark said:
craigix said:
I sort of want to put one in to a ZX Spectrum. You could put 4 USB ports down the back of it too.

Could you run a Pandora without the LCD screen connected, or would it throw a complete paddy at the idea?

Yes, via the TV out.

craigix said:
Mqark said:
craigix said:

Yes, via the TV out.

That would be amazing. Are you going to save some parts and try it at some point?

why don't put it in a Cambridge Z88 case?
After all the Z88 was called "Pandora" during prototyping ...

Barnaby said:
craigix said:
Mqark said:
craigix said:

Yes, via the TV out.

That would be amazing. Are you going to save some parts and try it at some point?

or you could get a beagle board?

lucidchaos said:
When you think about it, the Pandora is the closest console on the market to one of Ben Heck's creations.

Ben Heck could make it even more portable.

SomeGuy99 said:
lucidchaos said:
When you think about it, the Pandora is the closest console on the market to one of Ben Heck's creations.

Is that a tic-tac?
No, just my Pandora. I did a couple of mods.

SomeGuy99 said:
lucidchaos said:

A Pandora laptop!

Abanest said:
SomeGuy99 said:
lucidchaos said:

A Pandora laptop!

I'm at a loss as to how that's MORE portable. Could you elaborate on that?

A crazy Idea would be a Pandora-Alternative-Case-Modeling-Contest, I always think about it, when I dig into the Replica Prop Forum.
therpf.com
Take some time and browse there, it's amazing what people can create "out of nothing". :) I've never seen such technics and methods before, very interesting stuff. ^^
I really wonder, what talented prop/model makers could do with a Pandora. ;)

I want a solid stainless steel case, or perhaps milled aircraft aluminum. If only the case models were available, I'd try to get one built.

torpor said:
I want a solid stainless steel case, or perhaps milled aircraft aluminum. If only the case models were available, I'd try to get one built.
Hehe, I had the same Idea ages ago:

chrompandora.jpg

:)

Its bloody beautiful, and I would build it if I could. Maybe its something for the Metalab 3D printer/laser cutter crew ..

Back