Bbc Corrupted

isnt there a saying like "he who controls the media controls the world" or something like that.

When I was in the us i saw the Virginia tech shootings on fox and basically what they said was "all non us citizens are terrorists" and i got even more stares than normal :angry:

the BBC at one point was bad for getting on the "if something bad happens in the world blame the terrorists"

when the Columbia exploded a few years back there 1st reaction was "are terrorists involved"

anyone in the uk remember many terrorist threats pre 2001 that was not part of northern ireland?

I don't have a TV :) I just download things I want to watch.

Does not stop them asking for their licence fee every few weeks though. Idiots. It seems impossible to stop them harassing you.

craigix said:
Does not stop them asking for their licence fee every few weeks though. Idiots. It seems impossible to stop them harassing you.
You might not use public transport either, but you still pay the tax on it. The BBC is a public service just like the public transport system, and everyone pays the tax so everyone has the opportunity to peruse it. A fair, unbiased, not-influenced-by-organisations public media outlet is just as important as park benches.

Last edited by a moderator:
clarky2o2o said:
anyone in the uk remember many terrorist threats pre 2001 that was not part of northern ireland?
Before 9/11 the news was completely stagnant. There was nothing going on worth reporting about, so they were just complaining about illegal immigrants coming through the channel tunnel. Then the tower thing happened and the immigrants became terrorists.

nickspoon said:
craigix said:
You might not use public transport either, but you still pay the tax on it. The BBC is a public service just like the public transport system, and everyone pays the tax so everyone has the opportunity to peruse it. A fair, unbiased, not-influenced-by-organisations public media outlet is just as important as park benches.

my park benches have about the same amount of rubbish on them. regardless of taxes they don't get cleaned.

nickspoon said:
craigix said:

yeah state tv is definitely going to be unbiased

LHC said:
I don't know where you come from, but the BBC is for the most part very good at separating opinion from fact. They do jump on stories a bit too soon sometimes (like when those prostitutes were murdered and they latched onto the first suspect who was later found innocent and raved on about how guilty he was), but that isn't exactly bias.

LHC said:
The BBC is far less biased than any other media source in the UK. In fact, if anything they've been accused of having a liberal bias, though the current government is quite conservative.

The BBC has been accused of being too liberal, too conservative, pro-government, anti-government, pro-war, anti-war etc etc. This is mostly because people tend to ignore the bits they agree with and become enraged with anything they disagree with. The BBC is very 'pro status-quo' I feel. This isn't really the point though, state television is dangerous because if relies on taxes to survive. It can only do what the government finds is acceptable or it will not receive any money.

However, Ellie from Newsround is dead sexy. I want her.

Did any of you see the reports of the BBC holding fake phone in competitions with non existant prizes or prizes being given to the production team?

Lettuce Dude said:
Did any of you see the reports of the BBC holding fake phone in competitions with non existant prizes or prizes being given to the production team?
They're rather hard to miss :) , though it's not just the BBC that's been using such devious tactics.

GMTV
British Comedy Awards

What surprises me the most about those phone in competitions is that anyone took them seriously in the first place :p

nickspoon said:
Suppose that Mr. Mac user or Mr. Linux user is very fond of the BBC and wants more than anything else to be able to use the iPlayer. The DRM forces them to buy Windows (and possibly even a new computer), which means profit for Microsoft.
Mr. Linux user knows how to pirate Windows and Mr. Mac user is a fag. No harm done :)

Lurkio said:
Lettuce Dude said:
They're rather hard to miss :) , though it's not just the BBC that's been using such devious tactics.

GMTV
British Comedy Awards

I was in the states at the time. when I came back All the quiz shows where canceled (heaven :blink: ) anyway did anyone see the blue peter phone in. when the switchboard crashed so they got a girl from the audience to phone in and win.

What was even more sad about it was the fact the same blue peter was repeated next morning when millions more rang in hoping to win.

oh for anyone unfamiliar with blue peter its a kids magazine show been on since at least the 60's

Fishbong said:
nickspoon said:
Suppose that Mr. Mac user or Mr. Linux user is very fond of the BBC and wants more than anything else to be able to use the iPlayer. The DRM forces them to buy Windows (and possibly even a new computer), which means profit for Microsoft.
Mr. Linux user knows how to pirate Windows and Mr. Mac user is a fag. No harm done :)

This is all true.

And I don't see why these people think they are so special. If the iPlayer is expected to be universal then the extension to alternative systems has to go beyond mac/linux. What these people mean is not "make iPlayer universal" but "make iPlayer for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

LHC said:
And I don't see why these people think they are so special. If the iPlayer is expected to be universal then the extension to alternative systems has to go beyond mac/linux. What these people mean is not "make iPlayer universal" but "make iPlayer for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".
Kinda like what I said. Where do you draw the line? Should BeOS users get it? If not, why not?

Back