Battery Question

Vachidra

Still Fresh
Sorry to be a bother, how do you know when your Open Pandora needs a new Battery? lately my OP has been restarting if I set it down too hard? Anyone else get this problem? is it the battery?

Also, Anyone know where to get a new battery if I need one?

Thanks

At the shop obviously. If they are not sold out currently.

In anycase yea rebooting after moving it is a known issue because the contacts do not sit very tight.
Many have foam spacers in there to keep it from moving but foam allows too much wiggle when moved hard.
I personally use parts of a chopstick instead to hold it in place, sand it down as needed.
Also bending the springs out a bit further may improve it, not that i advise to bend stuff here tho.

As for when you need a new battery: There is a battery health monitor program in the repo that you can consult, but generaly unless it loses charge within minutes or is terrible blown up, no, no new needed.

At the shop obviously. If they are not sold out currently.

In anycase yea rebooting after moving it is a known issue because the contacts do not sit very tight.
Many have foam spacers in there to keep it from moving but foam allows too much wiggle when moved hard.
I personally use parts of a chopstick instead to hold it in place, sand it down as needed.
Also bending the springs out a bit further may improve it, not that i advise to bend stuff here tho.

As for when you need a new battery: There is a battery health monitor program in the repo that you can consult, but generaly unless it loses charge within minutes or is terrible blown up, no, no new needed.
Well, yeah, it is sold out at the store, sadly... =/

but that is a relief, I guess it's still good then.
And I tried what you said, gave the contacts a good cleaning and moved them out a bit, seems like it worked, thanks! =D

Reactions: rSl
Back