Battery Issues

A_SN

I've been using this same GP2X since June 2006, and recently when turning the GP2X on the machine would systematically fail on the second boot screen, fail just as it does when the batteries go empty, but always at the same very stage, without any red led prior to that, and with different sets of batteries.

However, everything works fine when I plug my PSU cable in. Any ideas?

I`m assuming these are rechargeable batteries ?, If so, How long have you had/been using these sets of batteries ?.

The reason for asking is, If they are quite old, There is a chance the they may have come to the end of their serviceable life, Not enough juice to power the GP2x anymore.

There are other possibilities for the type of problem you are experiencing Re: working off of mains power but failing on batteries, But can not think of them off the top of my head.

Trooper

Im running into the same situation I think its partly because the metal contacts are weak and dont put enough pressure on the batteries. Im thinking of wedging something material, maybe tin foil, to force the metal contact tabs out.

Pickle said:
Im running into the same situation I think its partly because the metal contacts are weak and dont put enough pressure on the batteries. Im thinking of wedging something material, maybe tin foil, to force the metal contact tabs out.
If you 'bend' them out a little bit, you can make them contact much better. Just put some pressure on the tab, and it will come to rest a little further out than what it was at.

Last edited by a moderator:
donny662 said:
Pickle said:
If you 'bend' them out a little bit, you can make them contact much better. Just put some pressure on the tab, and it will come to rest a little further out than what it was at.
That doesn't work anymore. No worries i just put in the tin foil behind the tabs and its working great. Doesn't look like they are going fall out at all either.

Pickle said:
donny662 said:
Pickle said:
That doesn't work anymore. No worries i just put in the tin foil behind the tabs and its working great. Doesn't look like they are going fall out at all either.

Looks like we're in the same case. Doesn't sound any good..

Back