Battery charger

I realise this thread is long dead but, for what it's worth, I think hot-swapping and solar charging are both practical use cases to consider. I would be curious to know what's possible. Is it at least possible to hot-swap the battery while the Pyra is plugged into a power source?

I'm also curious about the battery charge duration expectancy, to fully charge and discharge under minimal or maximal load. I'm sure projected information is available somewhere but I haven't been able to find it and I don't know enough about the hardware to figure it out myself. Maybe it's better to just wait and see the real test data?

I can absolutely see myself using a Pyra for more than 10 hours a day. My Bluetooth headset lasts for 19 hours and I've run that down before...

Last edited:
My Pandora started out as being able to run for about 8 hours when I first got it, if I didn't turn it off or go into low power mode. Now, thanks to Notaz's work around the 1.73 release, it currently runs for about 22 hours (although part of that is me being more anal about turning everything off; wifi, USB host, TV out etc., letting the system turn off the 5v out). So it depends an awful lot on what you're doing exactly, and quite a lot on optimisations of the kernel which won't be ready at launch.

I'd also trust numbers given by the community more than those from the manufacturer, however well intentioned the manufacturer is, after Pandora claims were a bit unbelievable for a good few years.

Back