Autorun Question

incognegro

Still Fresh
Im a noob to all this. Got my gp2x two days ago and so far I got everything working the way I want, with one exception. I discovered the Gmenu2x last night and also the Energy saver. I love both of them so much that I'd rather they both set to autorun at startup. My problem is I already got Gmenu2x to autorun but is it possible to have both applications auto run at startup?

I think Energy Saver is useless with firmware 2.0, but if you wan't to start it, you have to modify the autorun script, so that it launches the 2 apps

Use Notepad++ or PProgrammer's notepad (or any other one that support Unix's line ending

it probably will look like :

#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/path/to/energysaver/energysaver.gpu

cd /mnt/sd/path/to/gMenu2x/
exec ./gmenu2x

Why is it useless? I have firmware 2.0 and It seems to do what its supposed to do (it turns the screen and sound of when idle). Thanks for the quick response though and ill try that.

incognegro posted on Oct 7 2006 at 03:22 PM said:
Why is it useless? I have firmware 2.0 and It seems to do what its supposed to do (it turns the screen and sound of when idle). Thanks for the quick response though and ill try that.

errr actually I didn't know it turns screen and sound off, but Firmware 2.0 had better hardware management so that GP2X doesn't suck batteries so much
And why not turn the GP2X off when you don't use it? :p

Anyway, do as you wan't, but if you wan't both programs in autorun, try do make a script like the one I wrote above

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an error during startup. Heres the script I used:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/Utilities/EnergySaver/EnergySaver.gpu
cd /mnt/sd/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

incognegro posted on Oct 7 2006 at 03:36 PM said:
I got an error during startup. Heres the script I used:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/Utilities/EnergySaver/EnergySaver.gpu
cd /mnt/sd/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

Are you using Linux file ending? (check the correct option in Programmer's notepad for example)
maybe your paths are wrong?

Actuazlly this is my working autorun script, it sets RAM Tweaks using cpu_speed in the root folder, and launches gmenu2x which is in /utilitaires/gmenu2x

#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed --upll --timing 1 --trc 6 --tras 4 --twr 1 --tmrd 1 --trfc 1 --trp 2 --trcd 2

cd /mnt/sd/Utilitaires/gMenu2x/
exec ./gmenu2x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back