Audio Jack

Tom` said:
cbp said:
Korlithiel said:
cbp said:
Does anyone know if the screen can open 180 degrees?
No, because that is patented and would cost the developers enough money that they would need to raise the price.
[..]
What the...? So clam shell is not patented as long as it opens less than 180 degrees? :blink:
I am ok with 179 degrees. lol. Not much of a difference. What is the maximum opening angle?

He probably was thinking 360 degrees - if the screen rotated completely, there might be patent issues with tablet designs.
It should rotate effectively 180 degrees, I think.

Let's not muddle up OPENING and ROTATING! The Pandora's screen does not rotate, and I believe that it is ROTATING screens which are patented.

As far as I'm aware none of the devs have yet answered the question as to how far it can OPEN, but the picture on openpandora.org indicates that it should open to almost 180!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eniko said:
The DS' "click" is an actual feature? I always thought you weren't supposed to bend it back that far. >_>
No, it's just so the screen isn't all wobbly when you're playing on the bus or whatever.

You can bend it even further... if you dare!

Kyosys said:
You can bend it even further... if you dare!
:lol:

Back on topic, 10-15 years ago I carried around both a portable cassette player about the size of a Game Gear AND a portable CD player. I wore cargo pants/shorts most of the time for this very reason. As the Pandora is smaller than either of those devices, I don't see it as being "too big" to use as a music player. :p

Back