Atari's E.T. Graveyard to be excavated for documentary!

Hopefully the guacamole wipes off them easily, never know what's going to be on them being buried in a land fill :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what they'll do with them all, now there's not much of a market for guacamole smeared tattered unpopular old game cartridges, - probably re-bury them in some undisclosed location so there can be another treasure hunt in another 30 odd years.

Maybe make some acrylic or epoxy tables and chairs, with 'genuine Atari landfill' suspended in it.

A clear toilet seat filled with ET box pieces seems particularly appropriate.

Edit - more images of the discovery here -

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=808495

Last edited by a moderator:
If only they'd find 100,000 ET carts in decent shape. I could use a dozen myself, but I'm sure theyu'd charge an outrageous sum for them.

I find it very interesting that the documentary company gets only a few of whatever they find; the actual city gets most of them, since they'd already 'paid for' them. What will they do with any findings?

But yeah, so far looks like .. trashed :eek:

jeff

I think Retro Gamer Magazine did an article, talked to most of the atari bosses and the Pac Man mass grave was confirmed to be false. I would imagine the ET one is the same thing.

Also anyone with the E.T. game, someone fixed it, and it was posted on hack-a-day a wee bit back.

Back