AtariAge for the GP32!

Flack

Reposted from AtariAge.com

"Fabrizio Zavagli, author of Space Treat Deluxe for the Atari 2600, is bringing his Atari 2600 experience to bear on the powerful GP32 gaming handheld. Fabrizio is porting Dan Boris' Virtual VCS emulator to the GP32 and has made excellent progress so far. The GP32 uses Smart Media Cards, allowing a great number of 2600 games to be loaded into the GP32 simultaneously. Fabrizio tells us that games are fully playable now, but presently without sound."

Check out http://www.atariage.com/news/GP32/index.html for links and screen shots.

Flack

Very cool I love Atari 2600. I have the emulator on my pc name gp32 very cool. Anyone know when it will be released? I just can not wait!

:D oh jesus this is great news i really cant wait to play pac-man,tapper, spyhunter, and chopper on my gp32 atari kicked ass and it still does. even tho atari was before my time i grew up with the console. ah gaming since i was 3 ::wavy flashback thingy:: ok so this is great news and i cant wait for this to release :)

I have seen one of the Atari 2600 emulators being worked on, and I would say that they are very encouraging indeed. The one I saw played a lot of games really well (I would say Keystone Kapers and Pitfall ran at 90-95% full speed, with sound). Some of the games like Ms. Pac-Man and and Laser Blast had some minor components missing. Then there were a couple that didn't work at all.

This isn't intended as a "ha ha I have it and you don't" post, but merely a "it's not vaporware, it's real and I've seen it" post. I'm sure once all the little bugs are worked out we'll it released.

Flack

*Dc*hardcoregamez posted on Apr 22 2003 said:
:D oh jesus this is great news i really cant wait to play pac-man
Pacman? Wasn't the 2600 version like, totally shit?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are much better pacman versions on other emulators (my favorite of the type is Ms Pacman for SMS), but it sounds like DC has some fond memories of the game... as we all know, those can make a bad game good, albeit just for us!

That's true, I would venture a guess and say that every platform has some form of Pac-Man game available on it!

If you want the real deal, download XCade and play the original video game ROM on your GP32!

Flack

Back