Atari800 V.0.5

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
check gp32spain :) :
Finally there is available a new version of this multiemulator of systems Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200.
In this new version it includes support for chatboard, it improves the speed and it includes some fix of the previous version.
(babelfish translation)

now someone get me a chatbaord.. :ph34r:

Sounds cool.. I love the existing Atari 800 emu :D

didn't the 5200 support vcs games?.

I can't get any 5200 ROMs to run. Placed them in the right folder according to the readme, have the BIOS file in the OS folder, have everything unzipped, and switched the system to Atari 5200. It crashes on every single game. What the hell?

What do you mean it crashes? To Mr Spiv's monitor? Or freezes? You need to load the 5200 keyboard map to get any input, since its joystick works differently.

I have only tested Asteroids and Tempest on the 5200 side, but I don't expect any issues. If you send me more details I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Mark

IntenseWage,

Sounds similar to when i first tried.

:huh: change the system under 'Select System' to 5200,

:huh: change keyboard Map to 5200 in the main menu,

:huh: then go to 'Cartridge Management' and 'Insert Cartridge' find the file you want and select it,

:huh: Then you have a choice of about 6 different cartridge types, choose 'One Chip 16KB 5200' in most cases and it should work.

:huh: If not repeat the above and chose 'Two chip 16KB 5200' and that should work.

:huh: then select reboot from the menu and play

It has to be one of these two cartridge types (for instance Tempest works using One Chip). If this doesn't work then you may have dodgy rom dumps, but I doubt it.

Edit -- Oh, Zen, it was the 7800 that played 2600 games not the 5200.

Back